LMFAO

who else read this??

shit. i forgot what number you were on
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: A Waste of Time

Face4Me
A while back, someone I know and respect, who used to post a lot of useful information in ski forums like this one, had told me that he had pretty much given it up, as these things are nothing but a waste of time. Too many douche-bags and assholes just looking to piss people off and start trouble.

Sadly, I'm beginning to see his point.

Twenty-one ...
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Face4Me wrote
A while back, someone I know and respect, who used to post a lot of useful information in ski forums like this one, had told me that he had pretty much given it up, as these things are nothing but a waste of time. Too many douche-bags and assholes just looking to piss people off...

Twenty-one ...
Definitely true.

But the truly shitty posts are mostly in the time period of September-November when people are craving ski talk, good weather forecasts, and cool pictures, but get dragged into conversations about politics, domestic abuse, and other complete bullshit.

If you can avoid those posts, ski forums are a pretty fun way to waste time (better than candy crush or watching reality TV, for instance). And I hope nobody is taking these discussions too seriously. We really are just "foffing off" as Bike Snob NYC says.

Twenty Two.
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
mattchuck2 wrote
If you can avoid those posts, ski forums are a pretty fun way to waste time (better than candy crush or watching reality TV, for instance). And I hope nobody is taking these discussions too seriously. We really are just "foffing off" as Bike Snob NYC says.

Twenty Two.
Unfortunately, however, I think a lot of times, the people with truly useful and interesting information lose patience and ultimately disappear, diminishing the value of the forum, ultimately leading to its demise. There have been quite a few examples of those over the years. Perhaps someone can start a Lost Ski Forums Project, along the lines of NELSAP!

Twenty-Three ...
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
That's one reason for the subforums.  Try to confine the BS to the off topic.  IMO the best stuff is in the TR forum.

There is no question that anger and douchery drives the people away. There have been 4 cases of women quitting that I can remember.  As a mod it's a tough choice because I don't like to be heavy handed.

It's one reason I added the "profiles." I was hoping that the hardest core assholes would at least know when they were picking on a woman, or a kid.  Maybe that's sexist or whatever, but we put a lot into NYSB and I hate to see new members crapped on by people hiding behind anonymity.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Face4Me
Face4Me wrote
A while back, someone I know and respect, who used to post a lot of useful information in ski forums like this one, had told me that he had pretty much given it up, as these things are nothing but a waste of time. Too many douche-bags and assholes just looking to piss people off and start trouble.

Sadly, I'm beginning to see his point.

Twenty-one ...
Same here, and we may even be talking about some of the same people. Some guys I know have bailed for the reasons you've stated. For me it helps to pass the time at work....i'm at a computer nearly all day at my job and I find these forums entertaining. For the douche-bags and A-holes I try to just ignore them, sometimes I can't so I'll say my piece and move on, and I certainly don't care what people think.

If it weren't for a trip to Whiteface many years ago I never would've even got involved with something like this. Must've been 1998ish, I googled something about Whiteface and the old RSN Forum popped up, so I started lurking around that forum. It was then I found the AzzClowns and their shinanigans totally friggin hilarious. I literally would be in my office laughing my ass off at some of the shit they would do.....sounded like my kinda crowd but just at a different parking lot. Guess what, I was right. I've met some super nice people from hanging around these forums so for me the good out weighs the bad.

Whgat number now....23??
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
shit...24
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Same here, and we may even be talking about some of the same people ...

... I've met some super nice people from hanging around these forums so for me the good out weighs the bad.
No doubt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And after Sunday, you're going to owe me a beer!

And, technically speaking, this is now ...

Twenty-Seven ...
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
In reply to this post by Harvey
Face4Me wrote
mattchuck2 wrote

Twenty Two.
Unfortunately, however, I think a lot of times, the people with truly useful and interesting information lose patience and ultimately disappear, diminishing the value of the forum, ultimately leading to its demise. There have been quite a few examples of those over the years. Perhaps someone can start a Lost Ski Forums Project, along the lines of NELSAP!

Twenty-Three ...
Harvey wrote
That's one reason for the subforums.  Try to confine the BS to the off topic.  IMO the best stuff is in the TR forum.

There is no question that anger and douchery drives the people away. There have been 4 cases of women quitting that I can remember.  As a mod it's a tough choice because I don't like to be heavy handed.

It's one reason I added the "profiles." I was hoping that the hardest core assholes would at least know when they were picking on a woman, or a kid.  Maybe that's sexist or whatever, but we put a lot into NYSB and I hate to see new members crapped on by people hiding behind anonymity.
Yeah...I get it guys I really do. I don't like it either, but what can I do? I can't let a guy like him crap on me and just take it.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Highpeaksdrifter wrote

Yeah...I get it guys I really do. I don't like it either, but what can I do? I can't let a guy like him crap on me and just take it.
Damn right

He's a serious dude tho HPD, and not our kind of serious. Meaning he's not into seriously having fun... I think internet is serious biz to him.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Face4Me
Face4Me wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Same here, and we may even be talking about some of the same people ...

... I've met some super nice people from hanging around these forums so for me the good out weighs the bad.
No doubt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And after Sunday, you're going to owe me a beer!

And, technically speaking, this is now ...

Twenty-Seven ...
I hope i do!!!

twenty-9
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Highpeaksdrifter
HPD - you did exactly the right thing with that chubby little bag of douche.    If anything, you showed too much restraint.  He went out of his way to misinterpret everything you wrote just so he could get on his little soap box and show everybody how enlightened he is about women's issues, domestic violence, the environment and whatever other stray thought went darting through his otherwise empty skull.  Pukes like that need to be curb-stomped.  Repeatedly and with extreme prejudice.  That said I hope he hangs around because he's an entertaining little dim-wit.  Can't you just picture him, lurched over his keyboard, face reddened in self-righteous ardor; Busy doing God's work.  What a fucking tool.

You around this weekend Bro?  Party at my place - all the usual suspects and a few more to boot.  Food, drinks, live music, games.  Would be great to see ya there.

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
ardor

I had to look up ardor

thanks bro .... learned a new word today

Enjoy your PBR this weekend
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Don't you shoot those things
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
tjf1967 wrote
Don't you shoot those things
Only at night
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
If you're going to post on this thread, could you at least please have the courtesy to keep the thread counter going.

Thanks.

Thirty-Seven ...

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I'mm sorry

thirty-8
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
campgottagopee wrote
I'mm sorry

thirty-8

Thirty-Nine ...
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
ardor

I had to look up ardor
Keeping up with this thread is getting 'arder and 'arder, eh mates ?

Fo'ty!
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
Snowballs wrote
campgottagopee wrote
ardor

I had to look up ardor
Keeping up with this thread is getting 'arder and 'arder, eh mates ?

Fo'ty!
Of course I've got to be the one to take it to the next page ...

Forty-One ...
12345 ... 7