Aaron Kellett Named Whiteface General Manager

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
29 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Aaron Kellet Named Whiteface General Manager

ScottyJack
I missed AS's dig about the lift issues.  I've been skiing WF for a long time and have noticed way less lift issues over the past couple years.  

the mega winds we've been hit w/ the last two seasons play a huge role in lift closures and anyone w/ some common sense would understand that.  Common sense is such a limited resource these days...  

I ride with Crazy Horse!
frk
Reply | Threaded
|

frk
yeah, the internet somehow disables the the brain from self control. i'm interested in people's opinions, do you think that there would be more civilized discourse on the internet if real names were used? ( you could still keep your cool moniker but just put post name like an academic credential).
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
frk wrote
do you think that there would be more civilized discourse on the internet if real names were used?
Absolutely.  If someone has something worth saying they should be willing to put their real name on it.  Mine has always been disclosed on my own blog and anything else I've published/posted on the web or in print.  It's two clicks away from this post -- click on my signature block below (the saratogaskier link), then the "About" page.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Does anyone have any news or inside information they want to add to this thread?

Heard a few rumors.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Aaron Kellett Named Whiteface General Manager

ScottyJack
Spreading rumors is very trumpian....

Everything is AOK!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
sig
Reply | Threaded
|

sig
In reply to this post by ausable skier
ausable skier wrote
Given that this is a state agency there is a fairly complicated and extensive process that must be gone thru to make a hiring at this level.   Job must be posted for so long, interviews, etc etc - its the state of NY for Gods sake which has many hoops to jump thru before it orders toilet paper much less hire a GM.
ORDA is a quasi state agency. they are not bound to civil service rules and reg's.  
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
Spreading rumors is very trumpian....

Everything is AOK!
Good! Must have just been a rumor! Thanks!
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
In reply to this post by sig
sig wrote
ORDA is a quasi state agency. they are not bound to civil service rules and reg's.
ORDA is an agency of the state subject to all rules applicable to any state agency. Craig v State of NY, 261 AD2d 683.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
sig
Reply | Threaded
|

sig
Spongeworthy wrote
sig wrote
ORDA is an agency of the state subject to all rules applicable to any state agency. Craig v State of NY, 261 AD2d 683.
i meant more along the lines of hiring and promoting. most state agency's require employees to take a civil service exam in order to be hired and promoted. They are bound by civil service authority when hiring and firing. Promotions are reserved for candidates reachable on a promotional list usually the top 3 scores. A job posting on ORDA's web site does indicate employees become members of the NYS retirement system. Nice perk for those hired by ORDA.