classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

An afternoon and a lake

Skiray
This post was updated on .

As the Summer days wane, we are lucky enough to take advantage of what this season has to offer. Here is to Summer and time well spent with family outside.

What people don't know about drones, is that these devices don't typically record audio and require some sound design. This 1 minute edit has a considerable amount of sound design, which we hope you like.

The family that skis together, stays together.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: An afternoon and a lake

Harvey
Administrator
That's quite a big beautiful lake, you could really get lost there.

I like the "soundtrack" too.

How hard is it to learn to fly a drone?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
Harvey wrote
How hard is it to learn to fly a drone?

Hey Harvey - yes, its a nice sized lake considering how close it is to NYC area. My best friend's parents bought that house back in the late 80's and its been in their family ever since. Lucky to have a friend with a lake house - made for a great afternoon on the lake on a hot weekend. Thanks for liking it...

These new drones are pretty easy to fly and you can learn very quickly. We have the DJI Spark - though doesn't shoot 4k or 24FPS (only 30FPS) it does the job. We might be getting a better one around my birthday if budget - which we have like none - allows. I will say that we have had our issues almost losing the drone a few times. I didn't post this here last week though, sure you will all find it intense.

See this below --- we got LUCKY ---- Big Time ------

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Cool video Ray.but what I really want to know is your opinion on asymmetrical sidecut for all-mountain skia.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
Brownski wrote
Cool video Ray.but what I really want to know is your opinion on asymmetrical sidecut for all-mountain skia.
Thank you BrownSki!

Ha.. On your second point, I just try the ski and if I like it I buy them. I will say that I think the sidecut is important - though more so these days, the camber and rocker percentage.

:).. I think @raisingarizona would be better at this than me.

I came across Ski Essentials and there video reviews today - pretty good stuff and they reviewed like 200 skis this past season.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Nice Ray...although, personally, I'm partial to your winter videos. :).

Harvey, it's also a manmade lake, too. I have some cousins that grew up on the lake...like most things, it was way less developed back then.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
Marcski wrote
Nice Ray...although, personally, I'm partial to your winter videos. :).

Harvey, it's also a manmade lake, too. I have some cousins that grew up on the lake...like most things, it was way less developed back then.
Hahah..  We get told that a ton..  Thank you  - we are working on a feature - non skiing documentary - hopefully that wil be released next summer.  Working on another summer edit which should be out in a week I guess.

Thank you Marcski!

AlbaAdventures.com