Any info or experience with Northwood School?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
44 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Any info or experience with Northwood School?

Rj1972
snoloco wrote
hunthollowmtn1 wrote
I know a bunch of Burke/GMVS kids who wash out and end up pumping gas.
Sounds like a great idea to spend 200k or more on a boarding school education to end up in a line of work that could be done with a GED.
I'm not familiar with any Burke alumni who are pumping gas, and yes, the majority attend ivy league schools. Most are surgeons, attorney's, business executives, professionals, and so on. The challenge is that Burke doesn't accept everyone, and that can agitate those who feel entitled. GMVS is a bit different than Burke.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by daenio
daenio wrote
The main reason to stick with this crazy sport really has to be something like this:  Work hard, pay attention to details, follow-through, learn to deal with adversity, and own your success.  Ski-racing tends to drive this home better than any teacher, over-protective parent, or coach!
Very well said! Having raised a ski racer who quickly learned she was not going to be an under 50 point racer let alone a 150 point racer, the motivation, ability to pick one's self up after a loss and go on, the ability to focus on details, the ability to excel and the maturity it brought in so many other things was invaluable. If that's what you are doing at NW I applaud you.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

daenio
Thanks, PeeTex!  It is indeed a message we reinforce here; work harder than you've ever worked and focus on IMPROVING whatever your level is. What happens is what will happen.  For some, that's finishing with a smile and for others it's making their country's World Juniors team and they all get the same support.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
JP
Why don't you tell the forum about your recent camp in Sweden.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time