335 messages Options
1 ... 14151617
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Belleayre Gondola Discussion Thread

D.B. Cooper
That is some primo corduroy.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

louie.mirags
sno, haven't been since the new gondola.  Is it better to park down near discovery now and take gondola? I am used to parking midway
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
I still prefer to park at mid.  The HSQ often opens early while this isn't as common at the gondola and you can easily ski down to the gondola if you want to go to the West side.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

louie.mirags
awesome thanks man, headed to belle sunday finally
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
In reply to this post by D.B. Cooper
D.B. Cooper wrote
That is some primo corduroy.

Pfffft.

You should check out Okemo. Ride a heated six pack with an orange hood to grooming only an obsessive compulsive with a budget and a lot of machines could create. Just went there today. Good lord, went straight to number one as the lamest gaper filled mountain I have ever been to. And I'm an ex Epic pass holder.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Damn Benny. You ruined the surprise. I've never been to Okemo.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Just, ...... don't. Unless you're the type that gets all excited about heated six packs with orange hoods while debating which "black diamond" will be the next challenge before the more important decision, which is, of course, where to eat lunch.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
Wait Benny I no can tell do jou like the heated sis pack or no?

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
But... I bought a max pass... I think I HAVE TO ski there... once at least
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Wait Benny I no can tell do jou like the heated sis pack or no?

Oh, dude.

Today dawned sunny and fairly warm, with temps rising. I didn't want to waste a day on my MaxPass at Killington, so I did Okemo. How bad could it be? Well, that six pack (with what is probably the most insulting feature to any human on the high half of the bell curve, these little swing gates at the final entry point before you get on the chair. The only thing missing was those moving tread mills to get your ass to the chair) was such a shock, I almost left immediately. What a miserable idea. And the gapers I rode with, who, of course, were the type, almost every time, to lower the bar within seconds of sitting down (what, are you going to fall out immediately?) all wanted that stupid orange shield down. Wtf? Why are you here? It's not zero outside? Don't you want some fresh air? But, they were so happy. It was so, just, right for them. Like their Lexus SUV they drove up in.

I have never seen so much obsessive grooming. Never. But, the place is popular. What do I know.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Ok just checkin man.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
Benny Profane wrote
The only thing missing was those moving tread mills to get your ass to the chair) was such a shock, I almost left immediately. What a miserable idea. And the gapers I rode with, who, of course, were the type, almost every time, to lower the bar within seconds of sitting down (what, are you going to fall out immediately?) all wanted that stupid orange shield down. Wtf? Why are you here? It's not zero outside? Don't you want some fresh air?
Wow.  I'm glad I'm not standing on your lawn this morning.

The conveyor belts for loading are one of the most terrible things to happen to a ski area.  Conversely, bubble quads are freakin' awesome.  I would have loved to be riding some of those bad boys this past Christmas.  Or when it rains.  Or when it's windy (almost always).

Your points about the clientele.....well, ok.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

louie.mirags
I tried the gondola just to check it out. It was a zoo down there.  I hate taking my skis off for a lift so gondolas don't appeal to me anyway.  But I must say, now that the gondola is attracting the newbies, families and kids, the other lifts have very little lines.  The superchief was no more than a 3-4 min wait (mostly shorter than that) and the other 2 slower lifts to the top were ski on.  Beautiful day yesterday (1/21)
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Benny Profane wrote
Just, ...... don't. Unless you're the type that gets all excited about heated six packs with orange hoods while debating which "black diamond" will be the next challenge before the more important decision, which is, of course, where to eat lunch.
So which Black Diamond should I first try at Okemo? I'm a confident blue groomer skier that......

Epic.
Reply | Threaded
|

ChrisC
On the South Face: Punch Line, Wild Thing, Blind Faith.

On the Main Face:  Upper Chief and Upper World Cup.  These two end as blues, but they are nice and wide.  Ski here early as the get scraped off pretty quick.
1 ... 14151617