444 messages Options
1 ... 14151617181920 ... 23
Z
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Best Ski Videos

Z
Trying to help raise some money for NYSEF and I posted this on the race thread but many of you may not look there

Pretty cool video with not only alpine but some really great Nordic shots as well

Now for the money raising part - if you shop on Amazon and frankly who doesn't at this point you can set it up so Amazon donates a portion of what you buy to NYSEF

Support NYSEF While You Shop!  

•Simply sign in to your normal Amazon account, visit amazonsmile and register New York Ski Education Foundation as you preferred charitable organization. Shop away!
•Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to NYSEF. How great is that?
•AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service. So easy
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In ski video terms, this is an oldie. But a goodie. You think I live in the Hinterlands? This is Hinterlands North, on steroids:

:
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
This post was updated on .
Generally, it's been pretty erratic on the West side of the Cascades... still little on no persistent lower elevation snow. Up high on Rainier looks real nice

Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
This video is not exactly a modern jaw-dropping ski film, but it should be required viewing for all skiers, especially considering Jackrabbit's contribution to XC skiing in the ADK and eastern Hinterlands. On top of that, the dude was still skiing and chopping wood at 98:

www.nfb.ca/film/jack_rabbit/
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Great find. I think every book I've ever read on skiing history mentions jackrabbit. Skiing aside, that may be the nicest j-stroke I've ever seen in that opening sequence. There's a guy that knew how to paddle a canoe in a straight line.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
<quote author="Sick Bird Rider">
In ski video terms, this is an oldie. But a goodie. You think I live in the Hinterlands? This is Hinterlands North, on steroids:

Sick Bird Rider - you know that I know Jordan. Well, we are sort of friends. A really great guy.

Ray
The family that skis together, stays together.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Skiray wrote
Sick Bird Rider - you know that I know Jordan. Well, we are sort of friends. A really great guy.

Ray
That's cool. Let him know that I dig his films, and congratulations on "Iran" being selected for the Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour. Noteworthy also that Chad Sayers is from the the suburbs of Toronto, proof positive that an eastern city kid can grow into something completely different.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
Great find. I think every book I've ever read on skiing history mentions jackrabbit. Skiing aside, that may be the nicest j-stroke I've ever seen in that opening sequence. There's a guy that knew how to paddle a canoe in a straight line.
Yes, I was pleasantly surprised to see the canoeing sequence, who knew? If you liked that j-stroke, you should check out another NFB classic by my canoeing hero, Bill Mason: Waterwalker.
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
Looks pretty good over at Crystal...

Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Damn....guess that answers my question as to when the Crystal BC is in play!  There was some minor sliding, or maybe just major sluffing, in one shot.  You can also hear them comment in a couple places about things holding.  Since most of the snow is relatively new things will stabilize a bit more, but that looks great.

I saw Seth and Solveig in the skier credits.  Seth is the guide I've been out with, Solveig is his wife.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Word from Seth is coverage is still a little thin, but things just got going the last 10 days, and they are getting hammered now.  He's headed to the mountain now, while I sit at my desk.....bastard!

Maybe it's time to check flights for next weekend......
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider

Thanks SBR. I didn't have the paitience to get through the whole thing but tha was pretty cool. I never had the paitience to learn a good J stroke either. My paddling technique is to dig deep and change sides a lot. These guys have a lot more finesse then I do.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by nepa
This is the kind of POV video I can watch. Having the other skiers in the frame makes all the difference
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by nepa
That was the cream.

That looks like a shit ton of fun.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
Thanks SBR. I didn't have the paitience to get through the whole thing but tha was pretty cool. I never had the paitience to learn a good J stroke either. My paddling technique is to dig deep and change sides a lot. These guys have a lot more finesse then I do.
I should have added the fact that while Waterwalker is a beautiful film, it is a bit slow moving and contemplative. Best saved for a slow day.

Keep practicing your j-stroke, switching sides is for marathon racers.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider

3 Shakes from Marcus Quintiliano on Vimeo.

Some early season stoke from the upper mitten of Michigan. We have bonded spirtually with Marcus and his crew, and made them honorary Hinterlandians.
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
Another inspirational early season edit from last weekend by Carl Simpson and crew at Crystal...

Crystal 25inches of Blower

Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
History
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
The meaning of home. Beautiful film.

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
1 ... 14151617181920 ... 23