Bristol Mtn: Spring Carnival 03/16/19

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bristol Mtn: Spring Carnival 03/16/19

Robert
Saturday looked to be one of those hit or miss days, luckily it hit. Despite the 55f degree weather on friday and freezing temperatures that night the snow was great. We got there shortly before first chair, and found it was pretty empty
Arriving Early Pays Off

At the top of the lift we found some top notch grooming, and a little dusting overnight mixed in to keep things soft and really carve-able. We had great conditions all day with the lower runs off the galaxy lift serving up the best snow in the morning sun.

When it warmed up we moved on to the cruisers and terrain park off the Morningstar quad. Of course I had to stop for a waffle.
Waffle Hut
The sun eventually called it quits around 12 but it ended up being a awesome day of skiing. The terrain park was on point, and they even had banked turns set up on comet. By the time the main event started it even began snowing.

It has been tradition for me and friend to suit up and do the pond skim at Bristol Mountain. I missed out last year but couldn't let that happen again this year.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Bristol Mtn: Spring Carnival 03/16/19

bumps
I've never watched a pond skim. What's the percentage of people who make it to the other side?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Bristol Mtn: Spring Carnival 03/16/19

D.B. Cooper
About 10.  Sometimes people go screaming past the pond and wreck on the back side of the wall of the pond, not expecting to cross the water in the first place.  That's the best part, but then again I like Jackass and Wipeout.  There's something about people willingly putting themselves in a position to get wailed on that really appeals to me.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.