CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cabin Critters

Harvey
Administrator
This is a really tough problem. If I lived there full time (mmmmm :) one trap in each building would do the job but it's tough to fight the battle when you aren't there most of the time.

Our building was like swiss cheese when it was built and it was out of control.  We've gone to insane lengths to fix the problem and made a lot of progress and it's 90% better but it's not good enough.

Next spring I'm going to try the "adirondack mousetrap" using the peanut butter bucket thing, but even that needs some attendance. What you need is a caretaker who can manage your mouse strategy.

Where is your place?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

dobermann
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
dobermann wrote
Thanks Harv it's good to know I'm not alone in this fight - we are in NC and have a caretaker and a monthly pest service out of Glens Falls.  And yes, we are also 90% better but as you say it's not good enough.   I'm convinced as well if we were there full time it would not be an issue.
It would still be an issue. I will put out bait boxes around the foundation with fresh bait and check it every 2 week. If one does happen to wander in the house I will get him with a spring trap. Plugging up all the holes slows them down. If you have vynl siding they love to climb up the corners and into the attic. I made plywood plugs to stop that and it made a big difference. If you have wood siding they can climb that and go in the eves or attic vents.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
throw the dead mice outside near the cabin ,keeps the fox patroling
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

Hudsonhiker
Goofy mice story. My brother lived in a small cabin years ago had mice issues too. He was at a party with bunch of hunter fisherman characters all bragging of their exploits. When they asked him what he enjoys for outdoor pursuits he just told them he does alittle trapping. They thought that was cool. He never told them just mice under his kitchen sink.