Brownski wrote
  What does raccoon taste like?
About $5
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Camp

Johnnyonthespot
Only posting here because that's my wife's spicy venison stew in that bowl.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Good luck this weekend Johnny and to anyone else who will be out chasing tail. The last regular season weekend is upon us, then it's muzzy season . I love shooting my muzzle loader.
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
In reply to this post by Johnnyonthespot
Johnnyonthespot wrote
Only posting here because that's my wife's spicy venison stew in that bowl.
That's sweet, I understand that you glued/screwed everything to the wall... but how did you get the stew to stay in the bowl?
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
#NABBLENECKPROBLEMS
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Nabble hates apple products. I figured out a while ago how to outsmart it though. You need to open the pic, go to edit, open the cropping tool, crop a hair's width off the edge, rotate it 360 degrees and save it.

And throw some salt over your shoulder.

Then it will post right side up.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Why hunters HATE coyote's!!!! This is why I will shoot and kill every coyote I possibly can.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Hoping this thread is for all camps.

Thanks to BRLKED for dropping those Populars and thanks to Shaman for pre crankin the heat!

Snow is absolutely beautiful. Fire is lit, ladies are chillin (warmin!), I'm cracking a Fat Tire and then headed into the woods. Super fine lake effect is falling.

SO pumped!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Damn right it is ---- glad you got those trees fell
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
I wanted to report on an ongoing controversy that has recently arisen, pitting the skiers against snowshoers here at camp.  

The snowshoers have claimed the right to trackup the SKI trails with their snowshoes.

The snowshoers feel that the chores and hair combing they put it in, day in and day out, all vacation long, gives them the right.

Up until this point the skiers have stuck hard to their dogma of "pure" trails with "pure" tracks, ski only.  It has been a point of contention, and the fight over first tracks has been downright ugly at times.

Well now the two sides have come together.  No longer are the slowshoers relegated to secondary terrain.  They stomp right in the ski track and sweep wide in the corners providing extra large turning zones for those who chose to tele the big curves on Big Hill. Part of upper yellow set aside for single track ski purity.

In addition the extra grooming has given rise to a new sport called Snow Gymnastics.

Kumbaya.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Sounds totally "camp" worthy to me. Tell them snowshoers to blaze their own damn trails!
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Harv
There's no point arguing with snowshoers. Even when they're wrong, they're always right.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
At our camp there's only one boss. When he speaks or does something,we listen and we  do not question his actions. Sounds to me like you better start listening to the boss
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
It's stuff like this that I love about camps

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
First work day at camp is slated for Sunday. It's firewood day. The guy who owns the farm we hunt heats with wood so we fill his woodshed for letting us hunt the farm, he won't take any money from us. It usually takes about 4 hrs to do 35 cord. 3 crews of 3 and we knock it out.

Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
4 hours to do that wood?  Is that cutting, hauling, splitting and stacking?  If so, that must be some kind of record.

Camper - you can come shoot stuff on my land anytime.  Not much to hit except my neighbors though.  And hey, I won't even charge you or make you stack wood
Reply | Threaded
|

green light
Just saw dads video....priceless. We used to have a camp with a core group of around 10 guys. We lost the land to a State conservation easement. Some guys were 4th generation. It sucked.
its a beautiful thing
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Cunningstunts
Cunningstunts wrote
4 hours to do that wood?  Is that cutting, hauling, splitting and stacking?  If so, that must be some kind of record.

It's all cut. We'll split, haul, and stack. We're on a farm so we have all the proper equipment to be very efficient, plust having a dozen or so guys makes it go quick. It's also for an outdoor furnace and not a woodstove so they're mighty big chunks.  We're also highly motivated to get done quickly cause that's when the beer and veni speedies come out.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by green light
green light wrote
Just saw dads video....priceless. We used to have a camp with a core group of around 10 guys. We lost the land to a State conservation easement. Some guys were 4th generation. It sucked.
Oh man that totally sucks!! We have about the same core group, we're closer to 8 guys. You guys ever try and get another camp going?
12345 ... 12