classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Check these guys out for hard rock

warp daddy
This post was updated on .
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Check these guys out for hard rock

Footer
Wow... those cellos sound rather awful.  They could have cleaned those up a bit.  I really hate the sound of the all electric cello (or violin) without proper processing.  Kind of weird for Steve Vai to get in on the act.  If you have never seen him, do it.  Killer show.  We have had him in twice and it is always a killer show.  
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Damn Warp, I couldn't open that link for some reason....who are they??

We just booked Ten Man Push for our annual July 4th party .... WOOT  

We're goin "BIG" this year........

Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Sorry bout that camp . Check out  TWO Cellos. On u tube anf FOOTER if u wany natural cello sound check out threir version of  Ac DC 's THUNDERSTRUCK  on u tube  its a hoot .

Vai is a ax vituoso !!

TMP in DA House ....... Campster be making the moves ,stay tuned ......RAWK on boyz
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Those guys killed it....cool stuff!!

On the topic of hard rock-----never thought I'd see the day when Stephen Tyler came out with a country song. But country aint  all that country anymore.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Campster da Queen and i  met Tyler in person up close and personal in NYC , we passed him as he was getting out of limo at the Waldorff several yrs ago .....cool guy was great to us in a brief encounter .. Dude is SMALL , smaller in person than i ever would have imagined .Love aerosmith always have

That said ST is one of the MOST distinctive voices ever!!! Saw his. Country  interview ......he will be a force there too and u r right on target Country is getting damn close to classic rock.  IMO

The cello thing was a surprise to  me, when a buddy said to  ck them out , i thought YEAH Right , but it was decent and love VAI. That cat is a virtuoso.  

TMP puts out some FINE sound too, tell dem boyz they GOT a fan up here in gawd's country ! Westy plays his axe wid STYLE
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
warp daddy wrote
Campster da Queen and i  met Tyler in person up close and personal in NYC , we passed him as he was getting out of limo at the Waldorff several yrs ago .....cool guy was great to us in a brief encounter .. Dude is SMALL , smaller in person than i ever would have imagined .Love aerosmith always have

That's friggin cool. This is crazy but I met him too...similar situation. My and my girl were walking down the Riverwalk in San Antonio TX when I blurted out - "holy shit that's Steven Tyler" - the dude was walking right at me. He smiled, put his hand out and said -"damn right it's Steven Tyler" - I shook his hand in disbelief that I was lucky enough to run into a super star. THEN he says .... what are you guys doing later?!?!? I was like WHAT?? Turns out AS was in town to play for the opening of the new Hard Rock Cafe on the Riverwalk for FREE. It was a crazy encounter. You are correct in that ST is one class act....he treated us as if he knew us. This whole thing prolly lasted 2 minutes??? But it sure was fun.

warp daddy wrote

TMP puts out some FINE sound too, tell dem boyz they GOT a fan up here in gawd's country ! Westy plays his axe wid STYLE
Will do Warp. We got lucky that they were in town and didn't already have something lined up. It's gonna be a wicked fun time. These guys are so much fun when their playing for friends.....it's basically a 3hr jam session. You just never know what the hell they're gonna do.