Climate 2016

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
48 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Climate 2016

MC2 5678F589
Well good luck convincing the world to not have kids and drastically reduce their consumption. When they don't, you'll own the moral high ground. Congratulations, you win. Except we're all in this together, so we all lose. And don't think that nobody is preparing for the worst, here. We are:

https://www.defense.gov/News/Article/Article/612710

Try convincing someone who doesn't agree with you before you start in on me for being insufficiently alarmed. See if you can convince Coach Z that we have a problem here. If you can do that, then maybe I'll start to take your resolve to find a solution to this problem seriously. It's people like him you have to reach. I'm already on your side. I don't even know why you're continuing to direct your posts at me.
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
Just expressing my opinion... no hostility intended.  If I'm not mistaken, you started in on my post about the fabricated link between extreme weather events and climate change.  If you didn't want to engage in this discussion, then you should've ignored me.  
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I said it wasn't the biggest issue facing us and you agree with me.

Again, we're on the same side.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
raisingarizona wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Same boat here. While my decision to not have kids has nothing to do with climate change, it has everything to do with me being too selfish.
I don't think that selfish is really the appropriate word for your decision, it has a negative connotation to it. Knowing that it's not for you and not getting carried away with a moment isn't selfish, it's just being smart and doing what's right.
I agree with you. I simply don't want to give up any of what I do for a kid. They are expensive (and we even reward people in this country for having them, assbackwards to me), require a lot of time, and would totally cramp my style. Fortunately for me I have a girl who is 100% in agreement with me.
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
campgottagopee wrote
I agree with you. I simply don't want to give up any of what I do for a kid. They are expensive (and we even reward people in this country for having them, assbackwards to me), require a lot of time, and would totally cramp my style. Fortunately for me I have a girl who is 100% in agreement with me.
Yup.  Me too Campy.  I actually had to break an "engagement"  when I was in my twenties because I realized we weren't on the same page when it came to the kid thing.  Obviously we had a communication problem... it was almost "go time" (26 days before the wedding) and I finally woke up, got some balls, and did the right thing.  She thought I would eventually "come around" to the idea.... but I've always known it wasn't for me.    
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
You sure did the right thing.  Good on ya, Nepa.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Ski country in the east appears to be affected more than ski country in the west:

Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
The ridge is back, southern California is on fire, we haven't had any measurable precip here in flagstaff for over 90 days and there is no end in sight. I could cry how we aren't skiing right now but there are much bigger problems that we are facing at this point.  

http://weatherwest.com/archives/5982