Domestic Terrorism

889 messages Options
1234 ... 89
ml242 ml242
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Domestic Terrorism

20+ dead at a gay club. Christian extremists should be rounded up and kicked out of this country.
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

Re: Domestic terrorism in Florida

We don't know that the shooter was a Christian extremist, do we?

Certainly an attack at a gay club on Latin night screams "nutcase Christian Nationalist", but it's possible that it was a Muslim extremist, too...

The fact that we don't know should tell us something about the hate we're feeding into in this country that's turning us into everything we're against, but go on demonizing gays, blacks, Mexicans, and Muslims, Republicans. Trump's primary victory suggests that voters on that side want more hate speech, more "us vs. them" and more animosity from their leaders.
Reply |

Yeah, looks like a Muslim guy.

So now it's time for Coach and Trump to come out and warn us about how Islam wants to destroy our way of life, etc., even though they would have made a completely different argument if it was a white Christian guy. (He would have been a lone wolf acting alone, instead of representative of his entire culture).

Everything has gotten so predictable in this country. Trump will milk this until November.
ml242 ml242
Reply |

Yea, looks like I jumped to conclusions.
ml242 ml242
Reply |

50 dead.
raisingarizona raisingarizona
Reply |

Is it terrorism if they are white and christian?
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

In reply to this post by ml242
Nothing worse than a hater with an assault rifle.  Like to know how he got it. Sounds like he was on the FBI's radar.

Be cool if the "news" networks would stick to the facts.  All they see is a revenue opportunity.

Trump seems to be learning, waiting to see what authorities learn before jumping to conclusions.
"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Reply |

In reply to this post by raisingarizona
raisingarizona wrote
I don't like the whole "terrorism" frame to begin with. To me, terrorism is a specific act to make people uncomfortable in their normal lives. So all random violence should be included. This, the Dylan Roof racial killings, the guy who flew a plane into the IRS building in 2010, Timothy McVeigh, etc. It gets complicated when you look at something like Sandy Hook. Yes, it made people scared to live their lives, but it doesn't appear that that was the intent of the shooter.

Unfortunately, some people want to make sure that Terrorism is permanently associated with Muslims, to the point where they demand that we say "Radical Islamic Terror" over and over again to emphasize the us vs. them narrative (never mind the 1.5 billion peaceful Muslims around the world).

In reality, governments and media always say Terrorism to describe people they don't like. So when we went into Iraq, people who attacked US troops were "terrorists", not people in a sovereign country defending their homes from an invading army.
Johnnyonthespot Johnnyonthespot
Reply |

In reply to this post by raisingarizona
raisingarizona wrote
In that case it would be "Domestic" terrorism. This way it can be blamed on conservative  values.
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

That seems like a Fair Deal. Democrats take the blame for the international Republicans take the blame for the domestic nice 50/50 split even Steven.
"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
1234 ... 89