classic Classic
5 messages Options
Reply |  

Forum Guide: Upload an Avatar

Harvey
Admin
How to Upload an AVATAR

It's easy.

Use the dropdown menu under your screen name in the upper right corner of the Yellow Forum Area.

Choose:

ACCOUNT SETTINGS > CHANGE YOUR PICTURE > BROWSE > UPLOAD > CROP.

That's it.

(While you're at it don't forget to fill our your profile.)

"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Reply |  

Re: Forum Guide: Upload an Avatar

Adk Jeff
Having trouble uploading a new avatar.  I upload the file, adjust the red tabs for cropping, hit the Crop button to save, and it knocks me out to my profile, with my old avatar still in place.  File size is like 250K.

Reply |  

Harvey
Admin
I sent a note off to support. They responded saying that the new avatar is loaded.

I am seeing the new one:

(Um... I am sincerely HOPING this one was taken in NY!)

I'd try quitting your browser, maybe even shutting down your machine.  

Sometimes it helps when the gerbils get a chance to rest.

"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Reply |  

Adk Jeff
Great, thanks... maybe I was just getting a cached version.  The chatter in that other meet-up thread made me realize my old avatar was pretty out of date.  There should be a rule that you have to update your avatar if you get a new ski jacket, which was 2 years ago for me.
Confession:  Stowe, VT

Reply |  

Marcski
O.k., Jeff, I got a new jacket about 6 weeks ago. Just updated my avatar.  Harvey even took the pic in the beautiful New York State woods of the Plattekill sidecountry.