1234567 ... 16
Reply |  

Re: Further Analyzing Hill's Crushing Defeat

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by mattchuck2
mattchuck2 wrote
campgottagopee wrote
JTG4eva! wrote
   Evidence in the data strongly suggests it was working class white voters who voted Obama in 2012 and Trump in 2016.  

Discuss.....
From everything I've read this is true
Even if this were the case (it's probably not), these were only temporary Democrat voters anyway, fed up with Republicans after 2 wars and a global financial collapse in 2008. They just come back to Republican racism after Democrats fix the country the Republicans fuck over. Happened in 2000 as well.
here it is

Reply |  

mattchuck2
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
One party is actively involved in voter suppression of minorities.

Sure, there are racists all over. But only one party uses racism as a tactic for winning elections.

Reply |  

mattchuck2
Right, I said voters come back to Republican racism, and this year, they actively chose the most racist candidate out of 19 options.

Reply |  

campgottagopee
It's ok to change your mind

i'm cool with it

Reply |  

campgottagopee
mattchuck2 wrote

Sure, there are racists all over. But only one party uses racism as a tactic for winning elections.
But that's not why the Republicans won the election. I'm not sure you understand that. They won for the exact reason's TJ mentioned imo.

Reply |  

mattchuck2
Racism, more than any other factor (besides party affiliation), predicted Trump support.

the survey found that “[t]hose who reported being in fair or poor financial shape were 1.7 times more likely to support Clinton,
A lot of Trump's support was middle income and high income people with high levels of "cultural resentment".

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/05/white-working-class-trump-cultural-anxiety/525771/

Reply |  

mattchuck2
campgottagopee wrote
But that's not why the Republicans won the election. I'm not sure you understand that. They won for the exact reason's TJ mentioned imo.
Believe  what you want. I'm of the opinion that 200,000 supressed votes in a state won by 20,000 could have made a difference.

Ace
Reply |  

Ace
mattchuck2 wrote
One party is actively involved in voter suppression of minorities.

That's not true.  You are a Democrat and actively involved in voter suppression to those who disagree with you.  Also Dems are the ones who constantly talk about and accuse people of racism.  Everyone that doesn't agree with you is a racist.  Is that the tactic your group used to try to win the election?  Unfortunately for you, it didn't work.

Ace
Reply |  

Ace
Also since anyone who voted for Trump is a racist.  What does someone who voted for Trump but also voted for Obama become?  Oh, right in your opinion, those people don't exist.

Reply |  

campgottagopee
mattchuck2 wrote

Believe  what you want.  
Thank you

that's a nice change

1234567 ... 16