Further Analyzing Hill's Crushing Defeat

classic Classic
155 messages Options
1 ... 3456789 ... 16
Reply |  

Re: Further Analyzing Hill's Crushing Defeat

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by Ace
Ace, fixed it with appropriate quotation marks and winkies......

MC chooses not to see the forest for the trees, so easily writing off that which doesn't fit his narrative while focusing on the wholly irrelevant stuff he thinks does!  So what that Hill WON THE POPULAR VOTE?  We all know that ain't how 'Merica works!  On the other hand, he trots out 70,000 like that's some knock on the Trump mandate, when it's actually a scathing indictment on Hill's failure, as per the original post.  If just 55,000 voters (a statistically insignificant .04% of the total vote, but not insignificant at all) across three swing states, very likely the working class white deplorable apparently borrowed by Obama (), had stayed with Hill and the Dems then she'd be POTUS, but Hill didn't believe she needed to spend any time or energy there.

Reply |  

endoftheline
Did not have time to read through all the posts on the thread but back to the original topic. Analyzing, Love him or hate him I'd say Comey had an effect on the Hilary final tally. Another item I didn't see addressed here was a report I saw recently that pretty much said that low black voter turnout in the 3 key states really hurt Clinton and put Trump in.

Reply |  

JTG4eva!
Yeah, no doubt there were a number of contributing factors, without any of which we may have had a different result.  No way to really know which was the straw that broke Clinton's back (but when you've got a lot of straws one wonders if it really matters).  My intent with the original post was to focus on a meaningful straw that doesn't fit within the typical Hillary-loving liberal narrative.

Reply |  

PeeTex
In reply to this post by endoftheline
endoftheline wrote
Did not have time to read through all the posts on the thread but back to the original topic. Analyzing, Love him or hate him I'd say Comey had an effect on the Hilary final tally. Another item I didn't see addressed here was a report I saw recently that pretty much said that low black voter turnout in the 3 key states really hurt Clinton and put Trump in.
And why was that - could it be because of her racist comments?

Reply |  

ScottyJack
What i dont understand is why did non whites vote big for hillary in NY primary?  Bernie actually marched with Dr King!  Bernie won every NY county outside counties with major metro areas....    

"True Grit is like a river.  The deeper it runs, the less noise it makes."
Reply |  

PeeTex
Bernie should have won.

Reply |  

tjf1967
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
They were purged. Hillary knew anyone changing there affiliation in the last 3 months were going to vote for Bernie. They blocked and stalled affiliation changes witch basically took vote away from Bernie. Now it's all water under the bridge until the next time.  

Reply |  

ScottyJack
I changed mine but 8 months ahead of time. I really believed in bernie. Ididnt think everything he proposed was right. But i believed he was someone who would lead from his heart.

Yes Mr. Peetex, Bernie should of won.  I concur.

"True Grit is like a river.  The deeper it runs, the less noise it makes."
Reply |  

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
Yeah, no doubt there were a number of contributing factors, without any of which we may have had a different result.  No way to really know which was the straw that broke Clinton's back (but when you've got a lot of straws one wonders if it really matters).  My intent with the original post was to focus on a meaningful straw that doesn't fit within the typical Hillary-loving liberal narrative.
^Right. When we're talking about less than 70,000 votes, any number of things could have shifted the election. I can think of a bunch of different people's reasons for voting:

- People who voted for Trump because they think that Democrats are too favorable towards minorities
- People who voted for Hillary because Trump is an idiot
- People who voted for Gary Johnson (or Jill Stein or Evan McMullin) because they hated both candidates
- People who voted for Trump because they didn't want to vote for a woman
- People who voted for Trump because they didn't want to vote for a Clinton (one of my reasons for not wanting Bush to win)
- People who voted for Clinton to maintain the Obama status quo
- People who voted for Trump because of the Comey letter
- People who voted for Trump because they thought he would improve their lives
- People who voted for Trump because they wanted chaos (congratulations to those people)
- People who voted Trump because "fuck Immigrants"

And obviously, people might find themselves in more than one category. Any number of those people could have tipped the election.

When I say "not statistically significant", I mean that a few thousand people weren't a ton of people in an election with 130 million voters, not that they weren't enough to tip it (as I explained above, any group of voters was enough to tip it).

Also, are there any voters on this forum willing to admit to voting for Obama, then voting for Trump? Because I'm not sure I know any. The Trump voters I'm friends with voted for McCain and Romney, then Trump.

We talk a lot about the idea of people switching, but really, Republicans vote for Republicans, Democrats vote for Democrats, and whoever wins the turnout battle wins the election.

I said as much last September:

mattchuck2 wrote
No Trump supporters will change. It's a turnout game. Trump is going to try to turn out more of his base, and Clinton is going to try to turn out her base. The attacks they make are intended to keep people at home.

Also, someone on this forum once claimed that if someone was under investigation, that was a very serious thing, and we should all be concerned.
Oops, left that investigation part in there.

Reply |  

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
What i dont understand is why did non whites vote big for hillary in NY primary?  Bernie actually marched with Dr King!  Bernie won every NY county outside counties with major metro areas....
Hillary beat Bernie in lots of Minority districts. I don't know why, but I don't think Bernie did enough to win over minority voters. Much like Hillary didn't campaign enough in the Rust Belt in the general election, in the primary, Bernie didn't campaign enough in the south and in some areas of the North.

I think there was a period of time when Bernie had some resistance from the Black Lives Matter folks, and that kind of sunk him. Here's a balanced article from that time period:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2015/08/black_lives_matter_and_bernie_sanders_why_the_protesters_are_so_hard_on.html

1 ... 3456789 ... 16