Gore Conditions

13 messages Options
MikePom MikePom
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Gore Conditions

Better tuck that Ski3 Pass into your pocket and sharpen your edges Harvey because the countdown clock is ticking!

Gore Opening Day

(PS...note the 3:00 PM delta on the countdown time due to my being in London this week....the poor brits...they'll never get to experience the wonders of snow!)
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Re: Gore Conditions

Ain't going to need no sharp edges in this pow filled season.

Mike's post will be the first of the new Gore Conditions thread when I get back to my desk.
"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
MikePom MikePom
Reply |

Thanks for the reset Harvey!

The Old Farmers Almanac has an 80% success rating on their weather predictions and its looking like November should be setting up for the start of a great ski season!

NOVEMBER 2017: temperature 35° (4° below avg.); precipitation 5" (1.5" above avg.);

Nov 1-6: Rain, then flurries north, showers south;

Nov 7-11: Snow, then sunny, cold;

Nov 12-17: Rain and snow, then flurries, cold;

Nov 18-21: Rainy, mild;

Nov 22-26(GORE Opening Day!!: Snowstorm, then flurries, cold;

Nov 27-30: Showers, mild.

Bring it on....I'm ready!

MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

Love the optimism in the first page of this year's conditions thread.

Let's hope everything works out. New Saddle Lodge looks spiffy.
Kleetus Kleetus
Reply |

Was out in Lake George for a wedding yesterday and decided to swing by the Ski Bowl to get some mountain biking in. Love the trail system at the Ski Bowl, and ended up riding to the top of the Hudson chair. From what I could see on the singletrack that went through some of the glades woods looked to be in good shape. If you've never ridden the Ski Bowl on a MTB I highly recommend it. Trails are well built and well maintained (except lots of leaves right now but to be expected).

While I love biking, time to get some snow on these trails!
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Was thinking about doing "10 Questions with Bone."

If anyone can help me out, post below. I'd appreciate it.
"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
MikePom MikePom
Reply |

Looking back at my October 15 entry, I'm seeing that the Old Farmer's Almanac predicted it going Snowy and Cold for November 7th - 11th.  It appears that their 80% success rate might hold up with this coming weeks forecast!  

That being said perhaps this is the line up for the Thanksgiving snow storm they are predicting.  Seeing Whiteface fire up the guns today and the Killington posts this morning, I'm realizing that the 2017 - 2018 season is getting real really fast.

Gore Countdown

16 days to go and with a bit of luck, maybe Gore can better that.  This is my last countdown entry.  Next time you see me I'll be stepping into the Gondola with my Monoski.

Ski on!!  I'm pumped for a great season!
Kleetus Kleetus
Reply |

Just saw on the Gore homepage some shot's of snowmaking on Showcase. Won't be long!
DanM DanM
Reply |

Rumor has it Gore will open AE 2 and Showcase on Sat 11/18....  A week early would be nice!!!
Petronio Petronio
Reply |

DanM wrote
Rumor has it Gore will open AE 2 and Showcase on Sat 11/18....  A week early would be nice!!!
It's now official.  Saw the announcement on their FB page.  Website says Showcase fully open, and a second hodgepodge
 trail down from AE2.

Petronio