4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gore Mtn, NY: 2/25/12

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Ski Day 21: I've worked hard for it this year, and Day 21 was no exception.  Up before dawn in the flatlands, I rolled out of bed, and headed directly for Gore.  I didn't stop for any reason and pulled into town 4 hours and five minutes after I left.

Things definitely got snowier as I got closer to The Crick, and I was PUMPED to see the mountain enveloped in a snowstorm of it's own making....

This is still a holiday week and I was prepared to park down the access road and have to hike, or grab the shuttle. I was SOO jonesin to ski real snow that I have to admit ...I was prepared... to ... PAY TEN DOLLARS TO PARK. But instead I took Shaman's advice and decided to cruise the free upper lot and I snagged a SAWEET free spot.  I was thinking ... who would be leaving mid-morning today? Shaman insisted: some people just want to ski cord.

There really wasn't much of a line for the Gondi. But I'd had my plan in mind since the moment I woke up this morning. I headed straight to...

The Adirondack Express

...and then down Wood-In and onto the...

The High Peaks Chair

I knew the place was crawling with potential ski partners. EDeO's gang was in the house for sure. I figured I'd do laps on the darkside and see who came out of the woodwork.

Lower Steilhang

It didn't take long for Matt, tBatt and Condor to blast past...

Matt and tBatt on Cloud

I did the best I could to keep up, an I have to say those guys were extremely cool to wait for me on such a fantastic day.  The whole day was a bit of a huckfest.  It's funny that it USUALLY takes 8 or 10 inches to get me going over rocks and improvising landings. Some how this snow just brought our the hucker in everybody..

tBatt Hucks

Matt Copter Hucks

I hadn't skied the Chatiemac side yet this year, and we all agreed that we should check it out.  We found lines that looked like they hadn't been skied all season. And if Gore's had 60 inches of snow this year, at times we were skiing EVERY bit of it.

Condor on the Chatiemac Side.

I didn't really take too many pictures, as my primary goal was keeping up. But what a day.  

There is no substitute for natural snow. Wooooooohooooooooooooo!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gore Mtn, NY: 2/25/12

Duck T. R.
It was great to finally catch up with you today, even if it was at the GEAR SOURCE. I haven't posted much this year I guess I was just waiting for a day like this. I skied a couple of trails early and spent the rest of the day in the woods.It was great to be in the trees again.Almost epic!
Reply | Threaded
|

Nicky Z
harv?!?!?!?! I don't get a comment for my epic digger under the high peaks chair?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
PS 4EWD took a major digger under the high peak chair!  (Actually.... I didn't see it.)

Couple more pics from today's huckfest from Condor:

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp