classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hunter Mt March 30 2011 Ski day #40

Gunny J
This post was updated on .
Today was spring blue sky tremendousy good snow conditions day at Hunter mt. Some westerners take these days for granted but here in the east we shouldn't, a day like this should not be wasted indoors. Conditions all over the mountain were good and stayed good all day besides the very bottom mushing out at the end. The Katskill flyer sent us up lap after lap, saw ground hogs out in the sun but no black bears today under the 6 pack like I've seen other springs. Hit every trail open including Hunter west besides K27 bumps . Day ended all too quickly but I hit the timing for ski day #40 just right.

P.S. Last pic for Harvey clearing brush for glade over at Hunter west
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hunter Mt March 30 2011 Ski day #40

Jamesdeluxe
Whenever I was at the top of Windham yesterday, I looked over at Hunter through the trees. Yeah, the Hunter bear(s) should be making an on-hill appearance any time now.

Gunny, do you have a season pass to a specific Catskills hill or do you bounce around? Congrats on making it to 40.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gunny J
I have a season pass to ski Big Bear in Mast Hope Pa but this season pass really pays dividends this time of year. Examples are Comp Camelback ticket last Sat Elk ticket $20 late season Hunter Mt Yesterday $24 and my favorite Plattekill this Sat ski free with another mountains seasons pass. While others hang their skis up the addicted rip it up.
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Gunny J wrote
While others hang their skis up the addicted rip it up.
CLASSIC. And true.

Kinda cool to see Hunter clearing out some trees. While they don't get a ton of natural snow, I'm sure they'll be enough snowmaking blowby on the West Side to get those shots going.

Funniest thing I saw this year at Gore... was skiing down Pine Knot under the guns, and I saw some renegade turn a gun around and point it into Pine Brook. LOL baby.

Snow look great in those pics Gunny. Need my corn fix bad.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp