I want the Government we were promised

classic Classic
8 messages Options
Reply |  

I want the Government we were promised

mountainhigh
Not the one that we deserve.

(And, yeah, obviously this belongs in the OT but, for whatever reason, I'm not allowed to post there.)

Reply |  

Re: I want the Government we were promised

ScottyJack
For the people, by the people! Hoorah!!

"True Grit is like a river.  The deeper it runs, the less noise it makes."
Reply |  

mountainhigh
ScottyJack wrote
For the people, by the people! Hoorah!!

Within limits.  The Federalist Papers show how dry-eyed these guys were about democracy even back then.  They knew that replacing a tyrant with a mob was hardly progress.  And to think they were just a bunch of rich, middle aged, white guys who didn't even listen to hip-hop music.  Amazing how they overcame all those limitations.

Reply |  

MC2 5678F589
mountainhigh wrote
And to think they were just a bunch of rich, middle aged, white guys who didn't even listen to hip-hop music.  Amazing how they overcame all those limitations.
Ha! Someone's trying to bait me!

Okay, I'll play: does "the government we were promised" include the rights of black people to, you know, not be considered property?

Reply |  

ScottyJack
I want a green mob tyrant in charge!  

"True Grit is like a river.  The deeper it runs, the less noise it makes."
Reply |  

MC2 5678F589
ScottyJack wrote
Like RFK, Jr.? Or someone who didn't have 8 kids and try to stop wind turbine construction near his summer home?

Al Gore?

Reply |  

Harvey
Admin
In reply to this post by mountainhigh
I moved it.

I've become skeptical of "new" members who's first posts are in the OT calling out established members.  Not that there is necessarily anything wrong the content, but it seems to be part of a progression that I don't have patience for anymore.

"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Z
Reply |  

Z
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote
ScottyJack wrote
Like RFK, Jr.? Or someone who didn't have 8 kids and try to stop wind turbine construction near his summer home?Al Gore?
Yeah Al Gore flying his huge Fing jet around saving the planet now that he is done inventing the internet. A family joke since my father in law was actually one of the engineers that did create the internet.Good ole Al has the personal carbon footprint of a mid sized city.

Harv I like the new guy though he seems like he was either a long time lurker or a retread

"It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport."
Artic Explorer Fridtjof Nansen