campgottagopee
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ISIS in CNY

MikeK
Banned User
That's not CNY, but OK.

Compared to the usual murder in this town, it's not all that scary.  Life will go on.

I'm going to go hide in the mountains and wait for snow just to be sure though...

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
MikeK wrote
That's not CNY, but OK.
that's true -- guess it hit home for me being my sister and her family live there

p.s. it's also not east of me

MikeK wrote

Compared to the usual murder in this town, it's not all that scary.  Life will go on.

So plotted terrorism is the same thing as your everyday gun/knife fight murder? We will have to agree to disagree on that one.
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
East huh... didn't catch that one.  ISIS got you all spun around.

Well from what I gathered from the news reports it didn't seem to be much more than a plotted knife murder, but more than likely trying to take hostages.  There was some indication of a bomb being built, but not really a lot of evidence to support that he actually could have done this.

Mentally ill, previous convict, angry at the system, and probably least important of all, convert to Islam.  Doesn't seem like the ISIS contact he had was all that serious with his enthusiasm.  No real plot from their side.  The quote was 'Do what you can.'  Hardly a plot.

It was enough to make national news and scare the city enough to cancel the fireworks.  Maybe this twit will have set off the guard dogs for any serious schemers though.  I'm glad they caught him thought, whatever he was up to.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
MikeK wrote
East huh... didn't catch that one.  ISIS got you all spun around.

I figured being I was starting a thread with the word ISIS in it I should through the FBI off my trail.
Reply | Threaded
|

lolkl
I have read the warnings about being near crowds. My buddy pointed out the other day that ski areas are potential targets for terrorism. A lot of unarmed people. The snowboarders would be in deep shit as they can't run away as fast as skiers. Yup, it could be a shit show.
So I am wondering if I should start packing when I ski. Maybe SKI magazine could do a story on which pistol is best for the slopes. I have a small, light weight Ruger .380 with laser sights. It only has a 5 shot clip and not much knockdown power but it would be great in a tram fight.
Here in Montana, we don't have much of a ISIS problem but there are a lot of extreme right wing, Tea Party Christians that don't like the people in my part of the county ( ski area ). They scare me and if I was President I would get them on a data base, mark them, send them to internment camps and put a ban on ALL christians from entering my beloved US of A. Redneck, white males in this country are usually good shots and that makes 'em dangerous while muslims are notoriously poor shots ( spray and pray.... Did you ever see one actually aim their AK-47 ? ).
BTW- the skiing is really good here right now! Good Luck with your weather.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
^ Satire, I guess?
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
So what are we supposed to be scared of today?

I haven't left the house since Y2K.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
America's Hunters Pretty Amazing!

A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion: There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin... Allow me to restate that number: 600,000!

Over the last several months, Wisconsin's hunters became the 8th largest army in the world. (That’s more men under arms than in Iran. More than France and Germany combined.) These men, deployed to the woods of a single American state, Wisconsin to hunt with firearms. And NO ONE WAS KILLED. That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania's and Michigan's 700,000 hunters, ALL OF WHOM HAVE RETURNED HOME SAFELY. Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia, and it literally establishes the fact that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world. And then add in the total number of hunters in the other 46 states. It's millions more.

________ The point? ________

America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower! Hunting... it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's also a matter of national security.

That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed. Food for thought, when next we consider gun control. Overall it's true, so if we disregard some assumptions that hunters don't possess the same skills as soldiers, the question would still remain... What army of 2 million would want to face 30 million, 40 million, or 50 million armed citizens???
For the sake of our freedom, don't ever allow gun control or confiscation of guns.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I saw that on Facebook, looked it up, and there actually were quite a few hunting "accidents" this year that resulted in injury and death in Wisconsin.

But really, the whole thing is a straw man. Nobody is taking your hunting rifles. People are talking about expanding background checks for domestic abusers, mentally ill, and criminals. 85% of Americans agree with these measures.

If they actually try to take hunting rifles from people, I'll be right there standing beside you in protest. But that ain't happening. Ever.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I agree with everything you said ^^^^

I found that to be an interesting point of view is all. I saw it on FB as well.

NRA will see that NEVER happens.