Jay, Burke and EB-5

classic Classic
217 messages Options
12345 ... 22
Reply |  

Re: Jay, Burke and EB-5

skimore
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Bernie's boat will be taking on some water.

Kind of f'up one of Sorrell's  statements in the beginning  was that "the defendants will face no jail time"

Reply |  

PeeTex
So you set up a corrupt program where rich foreigners buy their way into US citizenship. This is exactly what you get. A corrupt program yielding corrupt behavior. I would have expected nothing less. I believe Bernie would fix this shit.

Reply |  

skimore
PeeTex wrote
So you set up a corrupt program where rich foreigners buy their way into US citizenship. This is exactly what you get. A corrupt program yielding corrupt behavior. I would have expected nothing less. I believe Bernie would fix this shit.
Bernie was promoting it

Reply |  

PeeTex
skimore wrote
PeeTex wrote
Bernie was promoting it
Didn't know that - I'll have to research it. It doesn't sound like something he would support as it is an unfair path to citizenship. You may be right and if you are, it is a disappointment but not a deal breaker.

Reply |  

skimore
Reply |  

Benny Profane
In reply to this post by skimore
skimore wrote
PeeTex wrote
Bernie was promoting it

Why not? Really. He's been representing Vermont, people. Vermont. Business has sucked there for decades. Upstate NY has issues, but upstate NY has downstate NY to support it. And downstate NY has tons of foreign money, these days, propping it up. Vermont has no NYC and massive burbs. It has dairy farms and ski hills. So some foreigner thought he could buy a pass. Screw them. Take their money and fund the schools and hospitals.

funny like a clown
Reply |  

freeheeln
Makes me miss those picnic tables at the old Stateside even more

Reply |  

Re: Burke News and EB-5

riverc0il
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
raisingarizona wrote
I read that the owner renamed Burke Q-Burke after himself? Does anyone else think that seems like sort of a douche move?

Does anyone actually call it that?
Those of us that appreciate Burke for what it was before the development put a "Fa" before the formal name.

That may be the one good thing that comes of this... with Q out of the picture, it will surely be renamed to Burke. And at least we can all rejoice for that.

What a mountain. And wow what a troubled history that, I can't believe it, only continues to be more sordid every ownership change.

Reply |  

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by freeheeln
freeheeln wrote
Makes me miss those picnic tables at the old Stateside even more
Those were the days.

Photo by Harvey:

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply |  

riverc0il
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Steve Wright named GM.
Is that official?

Good grief, I wish Steve all the best with this. At least it is happening after the season has pretty much ended and going into the shoulder season. I can't imagine trying to manage peak season sales operations and try to slot into GM in the middle of a shit storm at the same time.

12345 ... 22