Jay Peak Conditions

128 messages Options
123456 ... 13
Harvey Harvey
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Jay Peak Conditions

MattChuck is there. I guess it's all a matter of priorities.

"I'm all about Clouding Out. I'm a teleskier now!" —tBatt
DackerDan DackerDan
Reply |

Harvey44 wrote
MattChuck is there. I guess it's all a matter of priorities.

So sad but true - we should cry over a beer sometime.
Sick Bird Rider Sick Bird Rider
Reply |

Just walked in the door after the long drive home from JP. A very nice three days on the slopes. Despite this weekend being the changeover from Quebec to Ontario March Breaks, even today the crowds today were not too bad, unless you wanted to ride the tram after 10 am. Thursday and Friday were surprisingly crowd-free.

Snow? Well, there is very good coverage and all runs are open. Having said that, it is winter-changing-to-spring conditions. Green and Blue groomers are in great shape; a few bare spots and rocks are poking out here and there on natural snow runs; bumps are BIG on some runs; steep runs with snowmaking (eg. Can-Am & Haynes) are a bit glacial in the middle and the tree runs I skied had very good coverage and were surprisingly soft underfoot (North Glade is highly recommended even though the entrance does not look appealing). Bring your sharp bump skis, not your powder skis.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
freeheeln freeheeln
Reply |

sbr should ve tried to get together . was up fri with a group incl fixedheeln ,Kman.can am  & jet were rippin early .found the woods to be very fine if a bit bumped.bluebird and warm
Sick Bird Rider Sick Bird Rider
Reply |

freeheeln wrote
sbr should ve tried to get together . was up fri with a group incl fixedheeln ,Kman.can am  & jet were rippin early .found the woods to be very fine if a bit bumped.bluebird and warm
That's too bad, who knew? Were you with a big gang of tele skiers? Looked like a clinic, at least a dozen or so. Saw them at the top of the Jet and on that run. I was tele-ing Thursday but locked down on Friday. What a day that was!

Jay Peak summit from the top of the Montrealer trail, Friday, March 8, 2013:

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

http://jonnyjay.blogspot.com/2013/03/spring-skiing-has-sprung-at-jay-peak.html

skimore skimore
Reply |

This seems a bit of a stretch

Today, our Mountain Forecaster is also calling for 5 – 8 inches…  Are we going to get multiple feet?  Probably not, but are certainly looking at numbers over a FOOT, which is just fine for the middle of April
Snowhunter Snowhunter
Reply |

Did it happen???
future future
Reply |

When is the closing date for Jay? Also what are the conditions like this late into the year? Jay is a long hike for me coming from Jersey, if anyone has any recent condition updates I'd appreciate it!
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

From Facebook
123456 ... 13