Killington Conditions

328 messages Options
1 ... 2930313233
Rj1972 Rj1972
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Killington Conditions

The cat was out on Superstar this morning, so my guess is that they will spin the lift for some June 1st skiing.  
scottski63 scottski63
Reply |

I'm headed up if anyone wants to make some turns and drink some beers.
Marcski Marcski
Reply |

From the look of the webcam, they have a good sized crowd today. Enjoy!
Rj1972 Rj1972
Reply |

I took a handful of runs this afternoon. The walking was a killer on my thighs, and there were a couple of narrow sections, but the snow really held up. They truly went above and beyond this year with snow making.

The first 250 skiers received green commemorative T-Shirts, and from what I was told, people were lined up about an hour or so before the lift started.

Depending upon my schedule I may try to hit Squaw in July.
scottski63 scottski63
Reply |

BucketheadSo much fun today . Some sunshine some Drizzle good beers. Great way to close out the season
Rj1972 Rj1972
Reply |

Well, it looks like the fun has started at Killington. I have been up for a couple of days to make sure my home is in order for the winter, and to my surprise, they started making snow last night. As of 2PM today, they were making snow on the top of Superstar, as well as Rime/North Ridge.  

Even after all of these years, the first signs of snow or snow making turns me into a giddy school boy.
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

What do people think about opening day?
"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to, to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Rj1972 Rj1972
Reply |

There’s speculation of a weekend opening, but I haven’t heard that from any credible sources. Usually there’s someone that I recognize from management around, but it was sparse today.  The challenge is a warmup on Thursday.  Blowing on Superstar was a bit of a waste IMO, as the grass on the summit is barely covered after making snow on it all of last night and today. The temps are just too marginal.

I was also told that they actually dedicated a snowmaking crew just to Superstar to prepare it for the World Cup.

I’ll take a look in the morning before heading back home.
Rj1972 Rj1972
Reply |

The guns are still going as of 7:30AM. They may have moved them down a bit on Superstar, but still basically the focus is on the top head wall. Rime is in a cloud of snow.

I'm heading out now, as I have a meeting later this afternoon.
Marcski Marcski
Reply |

Superstar and Northridge are whiteouts this morning. Fan guns on Supe.
1 ... 2930313233