Looking for free heel gear

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
28 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Looking for free heel gear

gorgonzola
I'm also looking for a new  pair of skis to mount tele if anyones got anything in the the 180 ish l x 80-85w range in the basement collecting dust. skiing them with hardwires and veloces so would like light and poppy
Reply | Threaded
|

K man
174 K2 Work Stinx (guitar graphics) 88 mm underfoot, $100 with G3 bindings
178 Rossignol Kali (twin tips), 99 underfoot, $100 with G3 bindings.
I can take photos if anyone interested.  I was going to post in the gear section, but haven't gotten to it.
Located in Queensbury, NY area.
Avitar=Left Gully, Tuckerman Ravine
No Fat Chicks, Just Fat Skis
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Thehof
Thehof wrote
I believe i'am a 29.5 which is close. Which boot and binding are we talking about?
It's been said " if it fits ....."
While using the NTN set up I've read that one can telemark turn and parallel turn. Mix it up all day long. Just wondering how aggressive the parallel turns can get before they pop.
Once again thanks for input
Cheers
Sorry, I posted that, then went on vacation.

You can Telemark & Parallel on any equipment, but I definitely think it's easier on the NTN stuff. Obviously, you can't throw your body over the tips and wait for the skis to come around like you can with Alpine, but good Alpine turns with a centered stance are definitely possible.

We'd be talking about a TX Pro boot (the orange one) and a Freedom binding on Liberty skis (either the Helix -105mm waist - or the LTE - 87(?)mm waist).

I've been keeping the boot around as my backup NTN boot. But I'd sell you the boot for $100 and the Binding/Ski combo (either option) for $200. Both are pretty well used. Liners in the boots never baked, though. They fit so nice out of the box, I didn't bother.

I was going to take the bindings off the skis and put them on a new set of Voile BCs to tool around on, but whatever. I can take pics later.
Reply | Threaded
|

Thehof
Greetings MC.
I've tried to email you twice today , doesn't seem to want to go through. It sounds like your gear would be a good starter kit.   Obviously I would want to try boots on. I travel between Long Island and the lower cats most weekends.
Thehofman@optimum.net
"No Falls=No Bslls
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Hmmmm... I don't seem to have any emails. I'll email you. I usually go north on weekends, but I'll definitely be at Plattekill a bunch this year.

I'll email you some pics.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Thehof
Sent you an email, bud. I'll be at Platty Satty-day.
Reply | Threaded
|

Thehof
Big thanks out to MC. The boots are perfect fit. After watching YouTube for hours Saturday night , I tried my first tele turns Sunday. Only fell 1/2 dozen times. Thank God I can do strong alpine turns on the NTN bindings. I’ve got some learning to do for sure.
Thanks again
Cheers
"No Falls=No Bslls
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
Thehof wrote
Big thanks out to MC. The boots are perfect fit. After watching YouTube for hours Saturday night , I tried my first tele turns Sunday. Only fell 1/2 dozen times. Thank God I can do strong alpine turns on the NTN bindings. I’ve got some learning to do for sure.
Thanks again
Cheers
I didn't have to find tele gear because I fit in my daughter's boots.  She switched over a few years ago.  Instead I spent some money on a private lesson for the first time on tele skis (at Belleayre).  For me, I'm old enough to really not want to spend too much time falling and getting up while figuring out stuff.  Even with non-NTN bindings, doing parallel turns was not an issue at all.  At least not after the instructor got me comfortable enough with very basic sliding with a free heel because we loaded the beginner lift.