What is it that makes you try and turn every single conversation into political BS --- WTF man
Hope you're talking to Coach, because he was the one to bring politics into this thread.
Also, any talk of Whiteface expansion without discussing politics is dumb. They're right up against their mileage limit and we're talking about forever wild land. You HAVE to talk politics if you want to talk expansion.
I brought it up and it would be a political issue though he did bring 8n land use issues which is a whole different topic. Seems like decid8ng to expand WF to the East should not require amending the constitution.
"It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport."
Artic Explorer Fridtjof Nansen
I know some people give Sno the gears sometimes. While that may/may not be deserved, I think it's fun to spitball ideas like this. It's how some very important ideas start. With that in mind, I'm not going to be overly critical.
- Bubble lifts. Being out of inclement elements is something that would be viewed favorably by a lot of women I know. I think getting more women into the sport is important, or at least appealing to the women who do ski ("well, dear, if you really want to ski this long weekend, let's go to ...... where at least they have covered lifts")
- WF has the height, it would be nice to add the breadth
Question Marks, aside from trail mileage
- Trails look awfully far apart. To get buy-in from enviros, I think you would at least have to increase the density
- Where would the water come from for all this additional snowmaking?
- Aside from capex, what are the ongoing costs, esp. electricity?
- What time would the other lifts have to close to get people to the front side?
- It would be difficult to find lost skiers with this increase in acreage
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
None of this changes the fact that In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The A-Team.