NJ Government Shutdown

classic Classic
11 messages Options
Reply |  

NJ Government Shutdown

snoloco
I live in NY and I have lived in NY my entire life.  However, I do live close enough to NJ that I readily heard about all of this, and have many times gone to one of the state parks that was closed.

I try to stay out of the political threads, but I thought this was so disgraceful that I had to post it .

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2017/07/christie_pictured_at_island_beach_state_park_durin.html

Here you have Chris Christie and his family sunbathing on a beach that he himself closed to the public.  This is one of the busiest weekends for beachgoers, and having them closed has a large negative impact on the local economy.  Think of all the local businesses that depend on beach tourists being in the area en masse.  Not to mention the inconvenience of having to change or cancel 4th of July plans last minute, but he still gets to go no matter what.  Another reason we need an amendment saying that all laws that the public is subject to, public servants are also subject to.

I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply |  

Re: NJ Government Shutdown

MC2 5678F589
Chris Christie doesn't care:

If you want to get pissed off though, why not get pissed off at the thing Christie did that actually affects your every paycheck?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/chris-christie-vetoes-attempt-to-raise-minimum-wage-to-15/

Reply |  

noip
In reply to this post by snoloco
he was at the governors beach house residence...

i think he is a buffon, but it is a house that comes with the job

Reply |  

PeeTex
noip wrote

It was a stupid move but since this is his last term he doesn't care. He puts the Ass in class.

Reply |  

Harvey
Admin
Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.  Tourism is 7% of the NJ economy and a huge percentage of that comes from the shore.

"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Reply |  

MC2 5678F589

Reply |  

pro2860
I think his footprints would be a little deeper than those...

Reply |  

Milo Maltbie
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
The best part about this is that Christie and his children are out of electoral politics forever.  Even his grandchildren will have to disown him if they want to run for office.

mm

Reply |  

Milo Maltbie
OK I gotta boast a little.
I worked for a NJ company, and at first everybody down there loved Christie because of the way he talked more like a thug than a politician.  I live in NY and the only thing I knew about him was that he cancelled the Hudson River tunnel that the previous governor had planned and gotten financing for. I was the first one who thought Christie was reckless and irresponsible because of that, but even I didn't think he was stupid enough to appoint two people who thought it was a good idea to close the GWB ramps.
I'm pretty pleased that I recognized right away that he is an a$$h0le, and more pleased that he is gone.  It's amazing that he was able to run for President only two years ago.  

mm

Reply |  

noip
In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
noip wrote

It was a stupid move but since this is his last term he doesn't care. He puts the Ass in class.
he is a bully.  anybody who cared about how it looks would have refrained.  that is just not christy.