Re: New National Weather Page

Harvey
Admin
In reply to this post by Harvey

Western NWS offices to link to and highlight:

SLC
REV
SEW ?

"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Reply |  

JasonWx
BOU

FGZ

"Peace and Love"
Reply |  

Harvey
Admin

"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Reply |  

Harvey
Admin
This is coming together.

I need suggestions for the 15 best/most important:

US Ski Reports
US Webs Cams
NWS Point Forecasts

I'd like to represent all areas:

Tahoe
Colorado
PNW
Utah
Northeast
Quebec, Gaspe
What else?
ETC

Ideas are great. With links even better.

What do you look at when you are planning trips out West?  Who has the best reporting or the most representative in the major ranges?

Post below.

PLEASE and THANK YOU.

Reply |  

Harvey
Admin
NEPA, what two mountains should we track in PNW:

Reply |  

Harvey
Admin
Got some backchannel shit, revised:

Reply |  

marznc
No love for Aspen/Snowmass?  Sugarbush or Jay?  For late season trips, perhaps Bachelor, Whistler, and/or Mammoth.

Reply |  

Harvey
Admin
There are going to be several pages for the east:

I am looking for help on the west which I asked.  I am looking for informed opinions, my experience out west is limited.

I want something that can give you an idea of how things look in the various regions outside the northeast.

Canada is an issue because I am having a hard time finding good weather data. NWS is unique in the world.

Reply |  

JasonWx
NWS RNO handles the Sierra/Tahoe/Mammoth

NWS SEA for the Cascades of Washington..

Environment Canada

and of course Open Snow..

"Peace and Love"
Reply |  

Harvey
Admin
NWS Reno is REV.  Seattle is SEW.

I have the offices and forecast discussions covered.  I'm using Albany, BVT, Seattle, Boulder, SLC, Reno and Flagstaff:

I'm looking for ~12:

Point Forecasts
Ski Area Reports
Ski Area Webcams

...that are a decent cross section of what is happening out west and are of interest to NYSBers.

I know about Enviro Canada. It's probably the second best weather service for info and data, but it's very thin compared to NWS.