New meets old for Plattekill Tele Fest tomorrow

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New meets old for Plattekill Tele Fest tomorrow

Breck
Picked up some classic gear at a yard sale for $10.

Mounted with binding freedom inserts and OutLaw X's. Gonna go break them at Plattekill tele fest--wood is probably super dried out and brittle. Gonna be fun.

One mounted, one with inserts.

Another view, sorry can figure out how to rotate:

Breck
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New meets old for Plattekill Tele Fest tomorrow

Danzilla
I have a pair of those hanging on my wall! I'll be interested to hear how they turned out. Maybe not the best day for it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Breck
I took them to Plattekill today (Friday March 2), showed them around but not up for skiing in todays conditions. Maybe tomorrow.

Wow what a day on Plattekill however. Was on first double chair up with Mark, got first run on NorthFace. Almost went back to the lodge but did another double and got first run on Plunge also, I assume we got first run so late because it looked so bad that folks went to NorthFace or Freefall. The trails were islands of ice, up to 20-70% of trail area with the rest heavy fresh snow--like west coast powder, aka Sierra Cement, filling in between. Super varied and difficult skiing with low visibility, high winds and constant snow.

By the second run I was feeling ok and had "figured out how to ski the conditions" and went for a few more plunges and went in around 10:15. Waited until 11:30 or so and was met by a completely different mountain. The snow had lightened considerably and was filling things in, by the time of the telefest lesson at 1 we were doing nearly fill-in powder runs that remained varied and some firm to be found down under but above the knee no problem and mid thigh in drifts. Just lovely. Still hard to ski, treacherous at speed because you didn't know if the next section was going to be a face shot or be 1 inch of pow over ice. Visibility remained low all day.

Overall wonderful day.

Breck
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Breck you rock those skis! I was sure I saw you out there on those bad boys nice to meet you today I agree a top day!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp