Plattekill Conditions (2015 - 2016)

87 messages Options
1234567 ... 9
Ethan Snow Ethan Snow
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Plattekill Conditions

Dammit you're making me jealous!  I have college tomorrow. Otherwise I'd be there. Looks like Thursday Wil be my next opportunity.
Plattekill Plattekill
Reply |

In reply to this post by Harvey
It took 3000' of Hose hooked to air and water and a snowbridge the groomers built over the hose for one day to build what essentially is a 12" thick 20' wide road to Block. I enjoyed that road just as much as you did today. Walking there stinks. This is only the third time in 23 years we haven't had enough natural to ski there from either lift. Please enjoy the fruits the rest of the season.
ml242 ml242
Reply |

Plattekill wrote
It took 3000' of Hose hooked to air and water and a snowbridge the groomers built over the hose for one day to build what essentially is a 12" thick 20' wide road to Block. I enjoyed that road just as much as you did today. Walking there stinks. This is only the third time in 23 years we haven't had enough natural to ski there from either lift. Please enjoy the fruits the rest of the season.

Some of the reasons Plattekill rocks!
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

In reply to this post by Plattekill
Laz  has balls of steel..
Blowing snow knowing full well what the weather on tues will be.... a  salute
"Peace and Love"
Ethan Snow Ethan Snow
Reply |

It won't be too bad. It's a short period of warm, and the snow up there always sticks fine.
Ridgerun Ridgerun
Reply |

Spring conditions today! Quality over quantity.
Thehof Thehof
Reply |

Probulary going tomorrow (Saturday )what's the prognosis ?
Thehof Thehof
Reply |

I usually don't ski under guns. Today I will spend most of the day there.
It's real nice snow under there
Marcski Marcski
Reply |

It was so impressive today. I had to run back to the house to walk the dog this afternoon and my car was reading 33 when I pulled back into the Platty lot at just after 2.  Here is what it looked like:

Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Marcski...tomorrow?  I'll be dragging my sorry ass in in the am.  Anything bumped?
"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
1234567 ... 9