Political Threads

33 messages Options
Chris Chris
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Political Threads

Political threads are the worst thing that's happened to this website.

If these folks really wanted to make a difference they'd get into politics themselves.  

From a business standpoint I understand keeping them alive for page clicks/advertising but holy smokes... What a cesspool of egos, whining and lack of productivity.  

If half our politicians cared that much we'd be making some progress... so here's an idea-- GET INVOLVED.  Especially if you can afford spending 10+hrs per week posting on NYSKIBLOG.

I'm guilty of checking the threads... probably too often, but isn't it clear that neither side wins?

The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
ScottyJack ScottyJack
Reply |

Re: Political Threads

Gregg from alpinezone welcomes you!

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Chris Chris
Reply |

haha!  skiadk is coming back strong baby.

No I do love HR and everything he's done, and he deserves the traffic for taking over especially with the other site went down years ago.

I know that I have the option to not look at those threads.  Just hard man.

ScottyJack ScottyJack
Reply |

Ive learned alot of things from the political threads.  I commend Harv for being brave and allowing us to discuss democracy.

i am not a golfer. Nothing about it interests me so i very rarely almost never read the golf thread....  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
Gregg from alpinezone welcomes you!
FKNA

Now that's funny!!!
Reply |

In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
Ive learned alot of things from the political threads.  I commend Harv for being brave and allowing us to discuss democracy.

i am not a golfer. Nothing about it interests me so i very rarely almost never read the golf thread....
I concur with all of this

I too have learned a lot from the political threads, some good and some bad. The biggest thing I've learned is I still don't care about it but enjoy a good back and forth.
Chris Chris
Reply |

The biggest thing I've learned is I still don't care about it but enjoy a good back and forth.

^ I have to agree with you both on that. ^

Maybe I'm too agreeable and that's just why I don't care
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
The biggest thing I've learned is I still don't care about it but enjoy a good back and forth.
I care slightly more than you, but still not a ton. And I also enjoy a good back and forth.

Chris wrote
If half our politicians cared that much we'd be making some progress... so here's an idea-- GET INVOLVED.  Especially if you can afford spending 10+hrs per week posting on NYSKIBLOG.

I'm guilty of checking the threads... probably too often, but isn't it clear that neither side wins?
These two paragraphs are in conflict with one another.

Why would I want to get involved if, as you say, neither side really wins? You're exactly right. It's a constant push and pull, with neither side ever getting total control (and, even when they  do, members of their own party start to rebel, like Congressional Republicans or the IDC in the NY State Senate). Politics seems like something that you sink a ton of time and energy into, only to have some external factor (bad weather, FBI letter, position of your name on the ballot) derail everything you worked hard for. It would be like if you worked extremely hard as a real estate agent, but every single time you were just on the verge of selling a house, the buyer called and told you they were going with another property. I'm not into that kind of self torture. Not to mention, all my writings on here would probably be enough for thousands of attack ads ("This guy thinks people should be paid... FOR DOING NOTHING!").

Yeah, sorry, the best advice I can give is: if you don't like it, just don't click the threads. Just as Scotty doesn't click the golf threads, I rarely click the car threads or the Big Green Egg thread or the Greek Peak thread because I don't really care about that stuff.

I think you're like a lot of people, though and you also enjoy a good back and forth. I don't like to argue this shit face to face (because fuck people who talk politics when I'm trying to enjoy myself), but I do like to have my ideas challenged and see things from different angles. These threads let me do that.
Reply |

You're totally missing out on the Big Green Egg thing --- WOW!

billyymc billyymc
Reply |

In reply to this post by Chris
Chris wrote
"A strange game. The only winning move is not to play" - WOPR