337 messages Options
1234 ... 34
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Polls

The other threads are for bashing the candidates, this thread is for polls:

Hillary is kicking ass in the battleground states:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/29/politics/battleground-polls-donald-trump-hillary-clinton/index.html

FL: 51% to 37%
NC: 48% to 38%
OH: 46% to 37%
VA: 45% to 38%

Z Z
Reply |

Re: Polls

I would not put too much faith in these.  I read an article that I cant seem to find last night where if you add in 3rd party candidates they most come from HRC's side and that narrows the gap to only 1%

Independents are particularly late deciders and they will also be most likely to consider a 3rd party given the dog shit the two major parties have given us to decide between.
"It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport."
Artic Explorer Fridtjof Nansen
warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

The ONLY poll that counts and has meaning is election day ! The rest are intellectual masturbation .
PeeTex PeeTex
Reply |

Yep - but it may all fade away when the next shoe drops. There are a lot of land mines out there for Clinton that she planted herself over the years.
PeeTex PeeTex
Reply |

PeeTex wrote
Trump is pulling ahead in key swing states. The polls are still close but the swing states decide the election:
https://www.qu.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/2016-presidential-swing-state-polls/release-detail?ReleaseID=2365
No endorsement - just presenting information.

Matt may have to get use to the sound of "President Trump"
mattchuck2 wrote
We have a thread for polls. But note that these Quinnipiac polls are big outliers, and if you go by polling averages (like everyone should), you'd see she has a fine lead right now. (As I said, it might tighten up this week, but after today, I'm not sure).
I don't think so. The polls are showing that Trump has the red states and Hillary the blue - as always, the battle ground states will be key and these are now moving to Trump. Even if Hillary wins the popular vote she could loose and I suspect by the time we get to the end she won't win even the popular vote. Reading the specifics in the numbers, Trump leads Clinton in trust and I think that is ultimately what will decide this. The Republicans have figured this out and will bring up the trust issue at every opportunity.
Reply |

Which states do you think Trump will win that Obama won? Ohio? Pennsylvania?
PeeTex PeeTex
Reply |

mattchuck2 wrote
Florida, Nevada, Virginia, possibly Ohio and Pennsylvania.
Reply |

PeeTex wrote
mattchuck2 wrote
Florida plus Nevada plus Virginia wouldn't be enough by themselves. Obama won 332 electoral votes. You need 270 to win. Nevada + Florida + Virginia is only 48.

Also, Virginia is slipping away from Trump.
Johnnyonthespot Johnnyonthespot
Reply |

Obama turned out to be the worst president in US history. Hopefully the electorate doesn't  make that mistake again.
PeeTex PeeTex
Reply |

In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
PeeTex wrote
mattchuck2 wrote
Florida plus Nevada plus Virginia wouldn't be enough by themselves. Obama won 332 electoral votes. You need 270 to win. Nevada + Florida + Virginia is only 48.

Also, Virginia is slipping away from Trump.
I also said PA and OH and I did not count NC which Romney won, add those plus the red states and he is over the top
1234 ... 34