classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
44 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Pulling Plug of a Utah trip?

Benny Profane
Jamesdeluxe wrote
 I take an early evening nonstop, have a relaxed dinner with a few drinks, sleep on the flight, grab a rental car in Zurich, and am on the chair by no later than 11 am, often earlier. My return flight leaves at 5:15 pm, allowing me to ski until almost 2 pm on departure day: same as SLC.

If jet lag is a major problem; obviously, the above SOP is not for you but as Z and marznc mention: proper planning prevents poor performance.

Oh, well, excuse me. What vintage Barolo are they serving up there in Buisness Plus, or whatever they call those bed like seats I salivate over as I leave the plane and the ordeal of economy for the last nine hours? Must be nice. A relaxed dinner. Really. Are we talking about that bizarre microwaved pasta thing they plopped in front of me last week at 35,000 feet? If so, your idea of a "relaxed dinner" is very different from mine. Do they massage your feet up there? A little neck rub and hot towels? Do they have warm, fresh baked cookies, too? (Seinfeld reference)
I don't know about you, but, trying to get a good sleep sitting up in a noisy, crowded plane in economy, which is all this schmuck can afford, is not my thing. Maybe it's just me. I'm happy if I get four hours of unconsciousness. I am in no shape to run right to the slopes, or, really, do anything physical. It's an ordeal I tolerate to get somewhere fast. Congratulations on your expense account. Must be nice. Save some cookies for the little people.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
james sits in the back of the bus with the rest of us..

i think he referring to a dinner in the terminal
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Yeah, I’d imagine he’s talking about a nice dinner and a few drinks at the airport before his flight.  That’s what I do on my western weekend trips.  A belly full of good food and a comfortable buzz can help achieve a slightly better state of unconsciousness in that shitty seat than you get without.

But it still sucks heading west on an evening flight, sleeping little, then skiing the next morning.  I’m sure heading across the pond is equally miserable.....in a glorious way!  No pain, no gain.  The sacrifices we must make.  The short term torture we must endure for the most sublime of turns.  There will be plenty of time to sleep when we are dead.

Yeah, it sounds so much more glamorous in our heads and our trip reports than it probably is.....but man, it’s great.

My wife thinks I’m nuts heading west for a weekend.  If I didn’t think she’d try to have me committed I’d give the Europe thing some more thought......
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Yeah, let me emphasize, First World Problems, for sure.

I've solved it all in retirement anyway. I spend a month out west and drive there. Not that Im a fan of I70 at all, but, even Denny's is better than airline food. Actually, Denny's is pretty damn good.

I did a few days driving around the Dolomites on this trip, and, good god, it's so pretty there, I may wind up flying over there to ski someday. It's that spectacular.
funny like a clown