4 messages Options
bob
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Ready to roll into the 2018-19 ski season

bob
This post was updated on .
Ready to roll into the 2018-19 ski season with improved technique and excellent fitness? Why not roller ski the newly paved 13th lake road from the bridge over the brook up to Garnet Hill Lodge, North River NY. This run is 1.33 mile long all the while climbing over 300 foot of elevation. Here’s how i facilitate such, i drive my car up to lodge, drop off my bicycle with cycling shoes, drive down to starting point, leave car, then roller ski up to Garnet Hill Lodge, then ride bicycle back down to car. One could repeat this process getting in awesome training climbs one after another. Here’s a challenge my best time so far is 15 minutes 20 seconds. Who will drop a under 15 minute run???

to view mapped route: https://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/2168185915
top of climb - not too toasted
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Ready to roll into the 2018-19 ski season

Harvey
Administrator
That's dedication! Looking good bob.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
I thought about roller skis, but can't seem to figure out how you would stop.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
bob
Reply | Threaded
|

bob
yo D.B. to get rolling on roller skis i suggest getting a pair of the V2 aero combi 150 skis. these can be had with speed dampers and well as brakes for either ski or both for that matter. There are other skis out there with brakes like the Skike V8 or V9’s. I roll the V2’s and have to say i totally enjoy the romp, some times i like this better than skiing on snow, crazy sounding right? Now that i have been roller skiing for a few years i am getting ready to purchase a more radical race style ski. anyhow this is a great work out as well as developing technique galore. Roller skiing is a huge sport in europe they even have a World Cup Race series. Do it man, always wear a helmet, as well you may want to start your entry with elbow and knee pads. Oh and make sure you choose fairly flat roads with good pavement and minimal cars, big office parking lots work well after hours, I found cemeteries work great. happy trails, bob