Secrets of The Salesman

71 messages Options
12345 ... 8
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Secrets of The Salesman

Harv use the fact that you aren't a salesman to your advantage. Sell the fact that you're an owner operator. You've been there 30 years??? You aren't going anywhere,  you're solid. Maybe the other salseman doesn't have that going for him. Leave the product right out of your conversations. I mean at 2.5 to 1 it's a no brainer for him. If he can't see that in black and white, well, you can't fix stupid. Just sell yourself, people want to do business with people they like.
ScottyJack ScottyJack
Reply |

This thread be more entertaining if it was a creepy lifetime movie kinda thing.  

It could star:

CoachZ as Borys Bronislaw
TJF as Chaz Kickass
Camp as Jimmy Joe Jitters

And special guest PeeTex as Belvedere whimplepuss III
I ride with Crazy Horse!
ScottyJack ScottyJack
Reply |

Hahahahahahahahahahahah
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Camp what are your secrets?  You are living on commish you must know what you are doing.

I told my story at the beginning because I thought it would make it more interesting, but I really want to hear from successful salesman how they do it.
"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

I'll have to get back to you on that. I'm heading north to Algonquin Lake for a few days with friends. I'll day this, and that is there are no secrets when in comes to good salesmen. You either have it or you don't, it can't be taught. Kinda like SJ's lame ass fooz game!
ScottyJack ScottyJack
Reply |

What really? No reaction to that larry off the charts HOF material!  Lame
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

Lots of good advice here, Harv. I've been selling a long time now as well. Though I sell a physical product rather then a service, the important thing in all sales is building a relationship in order to build trust (which you clearly have done) and to really understand and believe in your product (which you do). Owning your own business automatically makes  you a salesman so you probably already know more about sales then you realize.That being said, only thing I might add is that when you're actually doing the selling, you need to be mindful of the difference between features and benefits. Technically oriented people some times get stuck on features and don't explain the benefit of the product to their customer. The other mistake is that a lot of sales people don't actually ask for the sale (though it sounds like you do) as propose a concrete transaction at the wrap up.
Milo Maltbie Milo Maltbie
Reply |

Camp, you talk a lot like a guy I know.  He was really hot looking when he dressed in drag.  Was that you?

mm
PeeTex PeeTex
Reply |

You mentioned he wanted you to train your competition, that's a customer I would walk away from - that was a shitty request
ScottyJack ScottyJack
Reply |

You guys have no sense of humor!!!  Unbelievable
I ride with Crazy Horse!
12345 ... 8