Ski Day Count 2013-2014

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
52 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ski Day Count 2014-2015

karlschmitt
I've got 23 days all at Hunter . All mid week except two days . Getting my moneys worth out of there mid week pass .
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by Skidds
JTG you got your priorities all out of wack.  Dance comps - I'd rather stick a fork in my eye.  When we were in SLC this Feb there was one of these dance comps in the hotel we stayed at and these were the most obnoxious moms I've ever seen dressing their 10 yr olds up like street walkers.  The few dads looked miserable.

Thank god I don't have a girl and my son would rather ski than do anything else.

66 for me and I'm done.  It was a good one.  I'm already on the mt bike and ready to play some golf once LP Club opens up.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
most ever in a season for me at 60, including 7 or 8 bc/xc adventures - twas a good 'un down here in the peeyay snow belt!
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
35 lift served.  Includes 5 at Whiteface, 4 in VT, 3 in Utah, a few at West Mountain and the rest at Gore.  

Plus at least 15 short schwacks (does a headlamp tour count as a ski "day"?), a couple of longer bc tours and a day at Lapland Lake, so I'm calling it 50+.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Ski Day Count 2013-2014

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by snoloco
I think it's funny that we got three pages into this thread without noticing the title.

So far I have zero ski days in 2014-2015.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Harvey wrote
I think it's funny that we got three pages into this thread without noticing the title.

I noticed and I ski 69 days evey season!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Sorry for the backseat moderating, but everyone please edit the topic in your post to cover up my error.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Skidds
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
Harvey wrote

I noticed and I ski 69 days evey season!  
Whilst it is, indeed, more blessed to give than to receive, sometimes........
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
Only 25 days this year. But the lack of accessible early season skiing is a problem. Used to be much easier to get out in November and December.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by Z
My stories are about obnoxious kids rather than parents.

One time I saw some obnoxious kids when I stayed at the Golden Arrow Resort in Lake Placid when there was a hockey tournament going on.  This was in early December of 2011 when my dad and I opened the season at Whiteface because Hunter wasn't open yet due to r*in and crappy snowmaking weather.  There were a bunch of kids playing tag in the hallway and running around recklessly.  My dad even saw some kids wrestling on a couch.  He said that they were a bunch of animals.  BTW We got upgraded to a suite because the place was booked out for the hockey tournament which was cool.  I don't blame the hotel for this terrible behavior, I blame the parents who can't keep their kids in line.

Another time I was at the Hampton Inn in Lake George when there was a hockey tournament and a softball game going on.  This was in March 2012 when we decided to do a long weekend at Gore.  The softball kids were fine, but just like the experience above, the hockey kids were running around the hallways playing tag and yelling.  They completely mobbed the gift shop near the front desk and totally overwhelmed the employees.  The next morning, my dad and I got down to the breakfast buffet as soon as it opened so we could leave for Gore in time.  I went to cook a waffle and I was done in a few minutes.  By the time I was done, there was a line of kids 10 deep to cook waffles.  Once again, I don't blame the hotel for the bad behavior, I blame the parents who allow this craziness to occur.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Many of the dancing girls were just as annoying as their moms.  Where else do you think they learn it from.  Every day there were these girls stretching in splits right in the path from the front door so their less flexible competitors had to practically walk over them.  As we did as well carrying our ski gear out.  The hotel staff told me they were the worst group they had yo deal with all year.

From what I've seen of hockey parents those tournaments are just an excuse for them to get their booze on.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gorefarmhouse
Once again, I don't blame the hotel for the bad behavior, I blame the parents who allow this craziness to occur.

your startin to sound like a crotchety old dude.  You should probably spend less time on this site.  Pretty soon you'll be talking about your back hurts and that the gout is flaring up!
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by Z
Coach Z wrote
The hotel staff told me they were the worst group they had yo deal with all year.

From what I've seen of hockey parents those tournaments are just an excuse for them to get their booze on.
1.  I am sure the hotel staff went off the deep end over this.  Their reputation as a business is being hurt by bad customer behavior.

2.  I sure saw this at the experiences in both Lake Placid and Lake George.
Reply | Threaded
|

Grillman
i did not ski enough this winter.....my wife probably disagrees with me....i lost count in the 40's....every day was at the FACE....thats a lot of driving from NJ
Reply | Threaded
|

Skidds
Not sure how we ventured into bad kid story telling and judging today's parents....but let me chime in.

Agreed Coach, dance competitions can be a tad creepy.  My wife and I are so not stage parents.  My daughter is an incredibly talented tap dancer who has worked with renown tappers, and she dances classical ballet.  No jazz, lyrical, hip hop.....or hoochy cootchy outfits or ass shaking.  We are very much out of place at the competitions, but it is the best outlet for my daughter to compete artistically.  We sit there and judge the freaks all weekend long!

Now, as for kids, show me a person who says they were never yelled at as a kid for doing something they shouldn't do, and I'll put them in the liar box with Campy.  Traveling team sports begets the right of passage.....hotel tag.  Kids being kids, having inappropriate fun, getting yelled at, and stopping.  Even kids with good parents.  Weekends in Placid during hockey tournaments are pretty bustling.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Oh my achin' ass kid, you need to relax a little....maybe even join in with those derelict hockey players. Bet they get chicks
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by Grillman
Grillman
How many miles did you put on the family truckster driving up the season.  I bet Face has you beat in the milage.  

I feel for you guys - it shows real commitment.  I used to do that.
Reply | Threaded
|

endoftheline
Back on topic. Ski Days 13-14 season.

25 Lift Served, mosty WF.  23 X-country and 10 AT Back Country trips.  58 total. Not bad considering that most of the X-country/AT started very late this season.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
endoftheline wrote
Back on topic.
Thank you
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
I lost count at one.

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report