Small trailer and what to pull it with?

classic Classic
74 messages Options
Reply |  

Re: Small trailer and what to pull it with?

PeeTex
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
Why buy a trailer? I have overnighted in the back of my outback with my stuff in a Thule box on the roof. Slept at trail heads, Walmart parking lots, etc. I will use a cold weather bag and an air mat, done this down to about 20 degrees.  

Reply |  

raisingarizona
Comfort.

Reply |  

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
Why buy a trailer? I have overnighted in the back of my outback with my stuff in a Thule box on the roof. Slept at trail heads, Walmart parking lots, etc. I will use a cold weather bag and an air mat, done this down to about 20 degrees.

did you have your personal locator device under your pillow?  hahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahhaha!

"True Grit is like a river.  The deeper it runs, the less noise it makes."
Reply |  

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
I think if I were serious about this I'd look into truck campers. I don't think that setup would break the bank, it be plenty comfortable, and easy to drive. My cousinZ use theirs for duck hunting excursions all over the damn place.

Reply |  

ScottyJack
campgottagopee wrote
 My cousinZ use theirs for duck hunting excursions all over the damn place.
oh so now you are related to duck dynasty people!  OK sureeee..  

"True Grit is like a river.  The deeper it runs, the less noise it makes."
Reply |  

campgottagopee
ScottyJack wrote
campgottagopee wrote
 My cousinZ use theirs for duck hunting excursions all over the damn place.
oh so now you are related to duck dynasty people!  OK sureeee..  
Negative

My couZins are way cooler than those dudes

Reply |  

louie.mirags
In reply to this post by campgottagopee

campgottagopee wrote
I think if I were serious about this I'd look into truck campers. I don't think that setup would break the bank, it be plenty comfortable, and easy to drive. My cousinZ use theirs for duck hunting excursions all over the damn place.

my buddy had one of these for weekend ATV trips but he quickly bought a toy hauler camper because it was a pain to take it off when not using it. Just a personal experience with that.

Reply |  

campgottagopee
louie.mirags wrote
campgottagopee wrote

my buddy had one of these for weekend ATV trips but he quickly bought a toy hauler camper because it was a pain to take it off when not using it. Just a personal experience with that.
Good point.

That's def one nice thing about a tow behind, unhook it and you're done. Buddy of mine just bought a toy hauler camper as well for his kids race car. It's badass!

Reply |  

Brownski
campgottagopee wrote
louie.mirags wrote
campgottagopee wrote

Good point.

That's def one nice thing about a tow behind, unhook it and you're done. Buddy of mine just bought a toy hauler camper as well for his kids race car. It's badass!
This is kind of where I ended up. Truck campers are very appealing to me as well. If I had unlimited funds, I'd probably spring for a sportsmobile of a provan tiger, which is pickup based, but looking at it realistically, it won't be long before I can upgrade the pop-up to a 13-16 foot hard sided camper which will expand my opportunities to use it a lot. Upside of a truck camper though is there's no registration to renew or inspections to have done every year. They're just cargo

Reply |  

Brownski
In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
I agree wholeheartedly if we're talking a day or two. Look at my profile pic. When we start talking about months on the road I want a little more