Specifically, What is it you'd like to change?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
310 messages Options
1 ... 13141516
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Specifically, What is it you'd like to change?

MC2 5678F589
Probably not:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/186527/americans-government-health-plans-satisfied.aspx

I think it's more like your attitude towards college: "I paid for it, so everyone else should have to pay for it, too."

No thought given to cost increases over the years.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
The top three have better coverage with less out of pocket cost than private customers.  So yeah they will be most satisfied.  And the Medicaid recipients should be 100%.  What the hell more do they want for free.

I like the idea of a one payer system... and Death panels...and mandatory health insurance.  No free lunches.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Yeah, it's kinda ironic that those who pay the least are the most satisfied ain't it.

Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Must have taken millions to analyze the data to come up with that conclusion.  
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Yeah, it's kinda ironic that those who pay the least are the most satisfied ain't it.
Right. And this is why I think some people are wrong when they say that calls for free college, single payer healthcare, and universal Pre-K childcare will lead to Democratic electoral victories. There's a big group of people who STILL won't be happy, and they probably won't care that Democrats tried to push this stuff.

They should still push for it because it's the right thing to do, but they shouldn't expect to win more elections because of it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Milo Maltbie
mattchuck2 wrote
They should still push for it because it's the right thing to do, but they shouldn't expect to win more elections because of it.
That's the lesson of Obamacare.  The Dems got booted from office over it, but it was never popular until the GOPs tried to take it away.  Go figure.

mm
"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi
Reply | Threaded
|

Milo Maltbie
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Americans want low out-of-pocket cost, their choice of any hospital,treatment or doctor, and they want someone else to pay for it.  And they want the government to stay out of it.  How hard can it be to design a system like that?

mm
"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Milo Maltbie wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Americans want low out-of-pocket cost, their choice of any hospital,treatment or doctor, and they want someone else to pay for it.  And they want the government to stay out of it.  How hard can it be to design a system like that?

mm
Lol. Exactly.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
raisingarizona wrote
Yup. the way that I sort of understand things (which isn't saying very much) is that no matter who is president congress can make just about anything impossible for the pres to actually make happen. So I don't feel to worried about it either way. In fact, as much as I don't like Trump, like I don't at all, I'm not too concerned about it. Hell, I almost think Hillary will make more happen for the corporate powers that have already been benefiting from their relationships with our government at costs to the regular people in this country. My gut is telling me that she is just as dirty as Trump. I do believe that Trump will find ways to benefit himself as president, how could we not!?!

If anything Trump will be highly entertaining to watch. I know, that's a terrible thing to say but it's where I'm at with this whole shit show. He says a lot of outlandish shit but it's all talk imo. I'm still all in for Bernie and not because I agree with all of his ideas I just believe he is the most real of them and might have a chance to at least get the ball rolling in the right direction. I'm not worried about Bernie taking this country in a 180 into some ridiculously overly socialized nation. Congress won't let that happen either.

Another side of me says f- it all! Lets go full throttle Mad Max and the Thunderdome- you know, zombie apocalypse minus the zombies. It would almost be a more meaningful and exciting existence than this material loving 9 to 5 work our lives away doing shit we don't really want to do to keep up with the joneses American Dream bullshit we are living today. F-, the "real world" in america is freaking boring to me anyways.
What a wild thread this is.

RA was saying America was boring 4 years ago.

I guess at least it's not boring now?
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
{insert "walking on egg shells" emoji}
{insert "lighting a fuse for a bomb" emoji}
{insert "little men gathering around a dumpster fire" emoji}

I think the only low hanging fruit in our system is the voting.  Mail-in works really well out here.  Probably not conversation we can have... so let's act like this post never happened.
1 ... 13141516