Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Sweet Car Thread.

. THIS ONE
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

Now that I think about it, if I hit the lotto I'd need a good beach car too. I always like Subaru Brats for some reason. I'd probably get the suspension beefed up a little and a transmission with a good low range installed so I could actually take it on the beach but I would definitely want this paint job

raisingarizona raisingarizona
Reply |

Sportsmobile van.

1950's Porsche 356 convertible. Something like this one.....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-356-Vintage-Speedster-Replica-/322253975326?rmvSB=true&catId=6001

But my favorite car would actually be a late 60's to mid 70's Ford pick up truck. The ones with the circular windshields. I love the simplicity and reliability of those old trucks. They are terrible on fuel or in the snow but for around town and going out on Forest Service roads when it's dry I love em.
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

In reply to this post by Brownski
The brat is you Brownski.

I approve of this thread, and think it should have more pictures. Or maybe a thread for CAMP's Dream Vettes.

Still, I am not worthy of this thread as I only really want one vehicle... the highest mileage ski car that can get through the snow and up our hill.

I think I got one more CRV in me after this one, then I'll move to the Daks and get something smaller.

"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Reply |

In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
Now that I think about it, if I hit the lotto I'd need a good beach car too. I always like Subaru Brats for some reason. I'd probably get the suspension beefed up a little and a transmission with a good low range installed so I could actually take it on the beach but I would definitely want this paint job

I freaking love the 70's orange and brown color combos.
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

In reply to this post by raisingarizona
My high school girlfriend's dad had one of those bad boys with a roll bar. He'd "race" it sometimes with Porsche Club of America.  We'd sit on the trunk and hold the bar, no seats or seatbelts or nothin. Holy cow, he'd fly down River Road.

His license plate was:

356-FXU

"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Reply |

Haha! Did he ever let you drive it?
ml242 ml242
Reply |

I'm so glad this thread is up. Some sweet additions and stories.

My first girlfriend had this car:

Keep in mind, this was no show car. It was rusted out with holes in the floor. It also, would not start. But that summer I got so good at push-starting cars, I wanted to take it everywhere. Fun days.
JohnIrvingwrestles JohnIrvingwrestles
Reply |

Only need 1
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

In reply to this post by ml242
My Dad had one of those in a convertible ---- Yellow, with black racing stripe and black top. He got rid of it once it was so rusty he didn't dare open the top for fear it would break in half. LOL
12345 ... 10