Telluride

classic Classic
20 messages Options
Reply |  

Re: Telluride

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by tjf1967
Good stuff. I love Telluride. I spent the season of 06 there and had a very fun time. My buddy Chris is doing some really silly stuff in Bear Creek Canyon lately. I hope to get up there to ride with him. I think he is pioneering a bunch of new stuff but I can't say for sure. Check out his other vids, a lot of them give me sweaty palms. :)

Reply |  

tjf1967
VROOM VROOM

We took off down in Barlow.  They are at the 300 mark for the year.  My dad, I and the guide.  Ungroomed backcountry.  
Took some switchbacks up 1500 feet or so and cruised the meadows all day in 6 feet of untouched.

From there we were hill climbing and meadow skipping for the next couple of hours.

That pitch is around turn 2 turn 3 pitch.  I rode up a Niagara in untouched.  Those things could really climb.  

Got back around 4 and headed down the gondola system to telluride proper to the museum, the patrol with avi dogs were speaking.  Pretty cool story's and got to hang out with dogs.  As we walked up main street there were 50/60 elk at the edge of town.

One more day.

Reply |  

JasonWx
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
raisingarizona wrote
Good stuff. I love Telluride. I spent the season of 06 there and had a very fun time.

My buddy Chris is doing some really silly stuff in Bear Creek Canyon lately. I hope to get up there to ride with him.

I think he is pioneering a bunch of new stuff but I can't say for sure. Check out his other vids, a lot of them give me sweaty palms. :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NW1u00zjdKI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That dude is nuts...I really dig that sketchy rap anchor.. 

"Peace and Love"
Reply |  

campgottagopee
Nice work TJ

Looks like a blast

Reply |  

tjf1967
Good Afternoon.

Made it home from Telluride.  Awesome trip.  The last day I started off with the family crew.  We did a few laps in the revelation bowl and headed over to the plunge lift.
The plunge lift services 2100 vert of sustained pitch and most of it pretty steep.  Bushwacker was first up.  really steep no fall groomed trail. 43 degrees I think by BOL said from fatmap.  It was long sustained and fun.  Best skiing Ive seen my sister and BOL do.  Then over to Lookout for a run.  It makes Vicky look like a green and that's no joke.  At the end of the day my legs were tired, caught an edge and went into a death Slide.  So glad it was me and not my sister.  A telluride host patrol grabbed my stuff for me and all was good.

They went in for a coffee and I decided it was time.  Spend the next 5 hours over on the plunge lift, no water no breaks. The medicine and tunes made for a spectacular day.

First up kant-make into the east drain.  East drain below

The next three shots are off of the see forever trail.  You jump over the ridge pretty much wherever you want and down the trees you go.  These are west drain, captain jacks, and log jam.  This side had much less traffic and the snow was holding up well.  Soft, good bumps, steep and easy to ski

Got all the other trails in between, steep bump runs in pictures all look the same.  

This is a spot that you could only see from one spot...that I found.  Anyone have a guess?

Spent two runs on the oak chair and one off the Gondi.  Saw that Gondi line on the way up and.

Best chair on the mountain!!

All good things must come to an end.  Last run up plunge and the slide over to milk run.

Got back to the room around 4:30 with a sixer in hand.  Had to be out the door in 15 minutes for dinner.  Took care of three  and off we went.
View from out dinner table.

BAM!! Telluride is one hell of a mountain and town.  

Came home picked up my new right hand man.

Reply |  

campgottagopee
tjf1967 wrote

Came home picked up my new right hand man.

Sounds like you guys had a blast!

Good lookin' pup --- what's his name?

Reply |  

tjf1967
Action Jackson

Reply |  

raisingarizona
Those groomers off of Chair 9 are scary! For real, you get going so fast and watch those trees go by and it's like...if I crash right now I'm going to die sliding off the trail. That G-out at the bottom of Lower Lookout is such a hoot, as long as your edges are holding.

Cute pup!

Reply |  

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by JasonWx
JasonWx wrote
That dude is nuts...I really dig that sketchy rap anchor..
I know! Right!?! Check out some of his other vids, he pins it Jeremy Jones style through couloirs we couldn't fit our skis through.  

Reply |  

tjf1967
Tons of big lines or there. I looked and day dreamed. May be when I retire. The day I set up the sled trip for my dad I was selfishly thinking I should skip it and grab a chopper.  The old man could not get to the destination we were aiming for so we audibled  to the meadows. I've been watching videos of sleds in powder. It is as much fun as It looks. Playing around the crick beds and jumps into 6 feet of powder is fun.