The Golf Thread

875 messages Options
1234567 ... 88
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: The Golf Thread

mattchuck2 wrote
I haven't putted very well at all. Another 4 three putts the other night. Another 43. Ugh, have to start chipping and putting better. Gore Mountain Scramble at Cronin's this Sunday.

Cronin's!!!!!!!!!! My Gramps was a member there for a gazillion years. In fact, the picture that used to be on their score card was him puttin on the 18th green. Good memories of that place, I need to get back there.

that whole good chipping and putting thing i had going last week is now gone this week----what a stooooopid game.

wonder what game i'll have this weekend. it's always an adventure.
Z Z
Reply |

at this point in the season you can't get too hung up on putting.  The greens really are barely growing so they are not cut evenly and roll different speeds are are bumpy

focus on hitting fairways and greens and the rest will come along

shot another 79 yesterday and the game is coming along but the putting is not yet - so I'm ok with where my game is for this time of the year.  Driver is pretty good now working on hitting more greens.
"It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport."
Artic Explorer Fridtjof Nansen
warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

ftwr 3 weeks of feeling crappy finally felt good enough to get out for round number 1 of the season this am .

Meh so so round shot 44 /43/87.  The Big stick and approaches were fine but man that dam little stick blew up on me.
had a triple , a double ,and a bunch o bogeys even tho i hit the damn greens in regulation . But it will come , not concerned at all . Just felt good to finally get out of sick bay and get some fresh air
warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

A little better second round today , 44/41 /85 but blew up with another damn triple bogey  ugh !!
Z Z
Reply |

1st good round today.  76 on LP Club Links course in the rain and 20 mph wind.  I got into the battle against the elements and was grinding big time.  It was lots of fun

IMO the 10th is the hardest hole on the links is 445 yards and today played with a 20 mph left to right cross wind. Hit a driver in the fairway and 3 wood from 225 to 20 feet and sank the putt. Certainly played like a links course today. For some reason I tend to play well in bad weather and I love being the only one on the course.

I had two chips that hit the flag and did not go in so it could have been a 74.

"It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport."
Z Z
Reply |

review of Sun Mountian rain gear

I just got a new set of Sun Mountain rain gear and put it to the test today on a rainy and windy day on the LP Club Links course.

The Torrent Pant and Short Sleeve Pull over kept me dry and breathed well.  It has a 4-way stretch fabric and says its 2.5 layer.  I don't get how you can have a half layer but it does move well and did not in any way impede my swing.

The price was really good for this quality of gear - a top notch golf rain suit for under $200 is a steal.

Got it here

http://www.golfclubs.com/apparel/sun-mountain-torrent-lt-ss-pullover

The other key to playing in the rain is my click gear push cart with built in umbrella holder.
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

Re: review of Sun Mountian rain gear

Played 9 holes yesterday----was 9 over par with 6 pars---twas a crazy/funny 9 holes of golf
warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

Nice round CAMP

I had a big weekend Turned 70 ( free skiing at Titus now !!) AND shot a pretty decent round of 18 , 4 birds, 6 pars , a pair of 39's for a 78 . Only my 3rd round of the season , been nursing a little water on the knee issue but it is much improved and i got it braced for golf .

happy about the 78 , only my 3rd sub 80 , all since i was 69. Yrs old. Hahahaha
pro2860 pro2860
Reply |

Nice playing Warp! Great start to the season
warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

Thanks Pro , coming from YOU , it means something special .
1234567 ... 88