The Golf Thread

875 messages Options
1 ... 838485868788
warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: The Golf Thread - new gear

Pro :    kudos man !!!!  You are the man , good luck bro we all are pulling for.
 ya .

Im hoping to get cleared for take off at my dr appt on8/30 . I am itching to play again , been  swinging em in the back yard with practice balls , still a bit tender at times , but rarin to go .
tjf1967 tjf1967
Reply |

campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

Nice work bro! You must be playing alot
Z Z
Reply |

Nice benefit of ordering clubs from Rock Bottom Golf is they have a 60 day playability guarantee as long as there are no funny marks on it.  The Cobra F7+ Driver just was not working for me.  I sent it back on day 58 and got store credit which I used to get a F7 which is much more forgiving.  Nice!  Rock Bottom earned a long term customer.
"It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport."
Artic Explorer Fridtjof Nansen
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

My handicap is around 8.1

Hey Coach, have you ever thought about being a teaching professional at Golf? I was thinking that Golf Pro in Summer/Ski Pro in Winter might be fun after I check out of "real" employment.
Z Z
Reply |

I don't have the depth of understanding to teach golf anywhere close to how I can teach skiing.  I'd be like a level 1 cert at best.  

My son asks me all the time what he is doing wrong and I don't know how to fix it in his long game.  I am pretty good coaching short game though which is the stronger part of my game.  
"It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport."
warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

OK so as some know the past 22 months  was a series medical challenges that limited my abiliity to do the sports i love to do .   I am used to a very active lifestyle and the past year has been anything but and was different . I am now slowly starting to return to more physical activity .

So Today i was able to play golf for the first time in 13 months .

So i played just 9  holes as a precaution. Well it went pretty fair .i shot a 2 over  par 38 , parred all but two had 16 putts ,so all that backyard short game stuff  been practicing all summer  helped . Kept all drives on  the fairways so lengthening my take away a bit seemed to help.
Z Z
Reply |

Great to hear wrap
warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

Thanks Z,  how is your game and your sons game doing?

I always enjoy reading your golf n ski reports .Courses here still wet,so great for holding greens ,BUT no roll on drive at all
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

In reply to this post by warp daddy
warp daddy wrote
OK so as some know the past 22 months  was a series medical challenges that limited my abiliity to do the sports i love to do ... Well it went pretty fair .i shot a 2 over  par 38 , parred all but two.
Guy takes 22 months off and still plays better than 99% of golfers. Amazing, warp.

I have my league outing this weekend in Binghamton. Playing the Conklin course? Anyone ever play it?
1 ... 838485868788