classic Classic
94 messages Options
1234 ... 10
Reply |  

The Gun Thread

campgottagopee
hehehe

Aren't you guys just a riot today

@ SJ --- starting Nov 19th I'll be in the woods before you even scratch your balls in the morning

@ PeeTex --- although rifles are legal to use here I still prefer my 3" 12 Guage Super Mag Remignton 1100. We hunt thick woods with a bunch of swamps --- longest shot is maybe 60 yards --- That Super Mag drops 'em right in their tracks, show stoppers if you will ---- plus we're on all private land so you'd get shot there no matter what time of year

I'll put it in words you guys can understand ---- from the 19th to the 29th this month every day for me will be nipple deep POW!!!! That's how excited I get EVERY. DAMN. YEAR. for this time of the year

Reply |  

Re: Be the first, or wait for better (early season)

ScottyJack
  but me and Opie are out and about 5:30 man.  and I rarely sleep for more than two hours at a time....  

"True Grit is like a river.  The deeper it runs, the less noise it makes."
Reply |  

Brownski
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Let's see some pics when you get one, Camp. Did I ever mention on here I spent two summers working for a Guide/Outfitter in AK? He wouldn't approve of your choice of shotgun though. He was big into A-5s. He must have had like six of them.

Reply |  

campgottagopee
Brownski wrote
Let's see some pics when you get one, Camp. Did I ever mention on here I spent two summers working for a Guide/Outfitter in AK? He wouldn't approve of your choice of shotgun though. He was big into A-5s. He must have had like six of them.
No you didn't mention that. That had to be an awesome experience!!! Share some adventure sometime when you think of it.

I actually have 8 A-5's  Somewhere in one of these silly threads I told all these guys in here to buy every Belgium made A-5 they can get their hands on --- those things are as good as gold. Even the Belgium made barrels are worth big bucks, doesn't matter which barrel either.

Up until 5 years ago I hunted (deer) with one of my A-5's. IMO they are one of the best shotguns money can buy. Oh sure the Benelli's, Beretta's etc are great too but I'm stuck on those older Browning's for reliability and craftsmanship. Anyway, I hunted with one my entire life but my eyes got bad enough I couldn't really see the front site on the A-5's anymore so I had to switch. Yea sure I could've put a scope mount on one and gone that route but NO WAY IN HELL would I do that to an A-5. I wouldn't even do that to one of their Jap guns. No way, no how, never ever ever!! LOL

So now I'm all high tech shit for deer. Camo kevlar stock and receiver, truglow red dot scope, that combo works great for me now. Bird hunting, A-5 all the way ---- Turkey hunting, Ithaca semi Mag 10 --- KABOOOOOOOM!!!!

Reply |  

Brownski
Wow. How big is your collection total?

Reply |  

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
  but me and Opie are out and about 5:30 man.  and I rarely sleep for more than two hours at a time....
Fair enough --- I'm in my tree by then as well ---- I def sleep longer that 2 hrs at a clip. Shit man after a day of hunting by 8pm I'm tits up

Reply |  

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Brownski
I have those A-5's (1 sweet 16, 1 20, the rest 12's) --- the 20 is the one I used for deer hunting

Rem Super Mag

2 Winchester model 12's

Ithaca Mag 10

Ithaca Deer Slayer

Rem 22 250 --- best varmint gun ever made

Rem 22

Winchester 30 30 (grandfathers old ADK deer killing rifle)

Still toying with the idea of a .308 but I think my uncle may give me one of his. He told me not to buy one.

Someday I'll have my dad's and mt gramp's pistols (not even sure what he has anymore)

Any gun I've bought new has come from a dealer. None of the Big Box Store junk they try and pawn off as the real stuff. What a joke that is!!

Reply |  

campgottagopee
Shit, forgot about my muzzy's

Have a Bone Collector as well as a CV Electra, both .50 cal

Funny thing about that Electra is that the intrawebz hates that gun! Hates it with the exception of a handful of people that say to forget all the negative reviews and give one a try. I bought it semi-used meaning a guy won it in a raffle and I bought it from him. All the bad reviews came from the traditional muzzy hunters. No way will an electric ignition gun work, won't work in the cold, battery will die, battery will freeze. Blah, blah, blah.....I'm hear to tell you I love that gun! Love it! However I did learn a valuable lesson with it. Don't let their version of the breech-plug get wet, it won't fire. After hunting all day in the rain once I just hung the gun up in camp until the next day. As I'm sure you know with muzzy's you don't unload them rather you just take the primer out. Well all the rain ran down my barrel and turned the powder keg into toothpaste. A primer cap would've ignited that mess, but on that day my gun wouldn't fire I had a shooter buck 30 yards broadside to me and all I could do was swear at it. FUCK!

Reply |  

Brownski
That's pretty funny. I remember seeing  on pawn stars once, a guy bring in an old civil war era muzzle loader. First thing the guy from the store did was take the ram rod and stick it down the barrel to check it. Sure enough the rod stuck out the end of the barrel two of three inches. It had been handed down through Multiple generations for a hundred some years without anybody in the family noticing it was loaded.

Reply |  

campgottagopee
That's too funny!!

1234 ... 10