Tremblant?

15 messages Options
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Tremblant?

Hoser wrote
Doing massif for a day then eithe massif south or stoneham day 2 and planned st Anne for day 3.  Order depends on weather.  Why is st Anne boring?  Been there only once 15 year ago
Le Massif and Massif du Sud are my favorite eastern ski areas.. Nothing really wrong with St Ann..I just wasn't feeling it there..
"Peace and Love"
Hoser Hoser
Reply |

Really thinking sud has to be done.  Ideally Friday.  Tried last year end of feb but closed due to rain.  It didn’t used to rain in feb. especially in Quebec.   Any stone ham visits?  
x10003q x10003q
Reply |

We visited Tremblant last April and had a wonderful time. We stayed in the village and enjoyed walking to eat and drink. The skiing is a lot more interesting than Okemo. There were a lot of bump runs and there are some steeper runs on the North side (Expo, Cossack, Dynamite). The lift system is excellent. There are some flat spots and run outs.  The food on the mountain and in the village is excellent. There are also many restaurant choices within a short drive.

Another reason to go is $1US = $1.26CAN. You might be able to find some deals on lodging, especially if you can go midweek.

trip report:
http://forum.nyskiblog.com/Mont-Tremblant-4-12-to-4-14-2017-td4105697.html
Danzilla Danzilla
Reply |

We skied MSA and Tremblant last year and much preferred MSA. Tremblant felt like Disneyworld both from the fake village feel to the ridonkulous lines. We were at both places during holidays so I think they were similar samples. There was some fun tree skiing and one pod of the mountain had some legit advanced/expert terrain but overall Tremblant wasn't my cup of tea. I think the comparison to Stratton may be in the fake village feel. MSA does kind of have a little bit of the 80s feel (think K1 lodge) and there are power lines that cut through the lower part of the front and backside of the mountain but I found the terrain way more interesting and the skiers overall were better. I think MSA is primarily a day destination for season pass skiers from QC while Tremblant has many more destination once or twice a season skiers.

If you are looking for a combination of fun party/food/ski then stay in QC and do a few days at MSA and le massiff.
Hoser Hoser
Reply |

Thanks for the info.  Sounds like a day at MSA, Massif, and Massif du Sud.  Stoneham include in another trip maybe maybe not.  So many smaller unique areas up there to explore.