What do you say to the argument that an automation tax would stifle innovation?
Why do you want to make companies get rid of their CNC machines and 3D printers and force them to use hand tools?
I would say that if you placed a high tax on it you would be absolutely right - just like if you placed a high tax on corporate income you would have no corporations. Taxation is a balancing act.
Also, to use your argument, what would stop a company from just moving it's operations to a country with no automation tax?
I was wondering how long it would take you to come to that argument. Companies are moving overseas already and if you place high taxes on them without giving them incentives to stay or without also taxing imports they will leave in droves.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Here's the order of succession, should the President be removed from office:
1. Vice President of the United States-Mike Pence
2. Speaker of the House-Paul Ryan
3. President pro tempore of the Senate-Orrin Hatch
4. Secretary of State-Rex Tillerson
5. Secretary of the Treasury-Steven Mnuchin
6. Secretary of Defense-Jim Mattis
7. Attorney General-Jeff Sessions
8. Secretary of the Interior-Ryan Zinke
9. Secretary of Agriculture-Sonny Perdue
10. Secretary of Labor-Alexander Acosta
11. Secretary of Health and Human Services-Tom Price
12. Secretary of Housing and Urban Development-Ben Carson
13. Secretary of Transportation-Elaine Chao
14. Secretary of Energy-Rick Perry
15. Secretary of Education-Betsy DeVos
16. Secretary of Veterans Affairs-David Shulkin
17. Secretary of Homeland Security-John Kelly
Interesting to note: The order of succession was changed in 1947 at the request of Harry Truman who didn't think the President should be able to appoint his own successor. Thus the Speaker of the House and the President pro tempore of the Senate were moved ahead of cabinet officers.
As for a "special election or an "election do-over" if Trump were to be removed from office. The short answer is no, it won't happen, because of the long list of replacements listed above.