Harvey Harvey
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Trump 7... Deadly Sins

In reply to this post by PeeTex
Great gymnastics.

I wasn't saying it was illegal.  You started by taking about the bigger story:

PeeTex wrote
The bigger story here is that the groups that wanted to protest the removal of the statue had a court order making it legal for them to go forward yet the Charlottesville police still tried to stop them.
I said I thought the bigger story was that our president is a terrible human being.

Clinton fooling around with Monica wasn't illegal, but it was reprehensible. I'd personally like a better president.

Is that something you want your president saying?

"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
PeeTex PeeTex
Reply |

Nope, I think he is a NYC thug. But I defend his right to say these things.
ScottyJack ScottyJack
Reply |

In reply to this post by Milo Maltbie
Milo Maltbie wrote
The cops have arrested the driver (as of 3:38, maybe you missed that).  The video certainly looks like it was intentional, and that he tried to flee the scene.  If he was a muslim in Paris or on the London Bridge you would call it terrorism.  But maybe not if he's a white guy in Virginia.

mm
Quoted for truth!

I define knowingly driving a vehicle into a large group of people with the intent to kill a terrorist act!  

Very clear to those with an objective mind who the brainwashed peeps are on here.  

Sad, very sad.

I ride with Crazy Horse!
ScottyJack ScottyJack
Reply |

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Trump was insistent that leaders should call it what it is: "Radical Islamic Terrorism."  Why then did he resist using the phrase "White Nationalist" or "Neo Nazi?"

I saw a Washington Post editorial that really spoke to me.  I don't expect this will resonate with all here, but it spoke to me.

An excerpt, bold added by me:

WaPo wrote
The president could not bring himself initially to directly acknowledge the victims or distinguish between the instigators and the dead. He could not focus on the provocations of the side marching under a Nazi flag. Is this because he did not want to repudiate some of his strongest supporters? This would indicate that Trump views loyalty to himself as mitigation for nearly any crime or prejudice. Or is the president truly convinced of the moral equivalence of the sides in Charlottesville?

"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Big D Big D
Reply |

PeeTex PeeTex
Reply |

In reply to this post by ScottyJack
Is this a terrorist act, a hate crime or something else? You are so quick to label this as an act of terror, to me it looks more like a hate crime but we will not know until the motives are understood.

From CNN in an usually unbiased article for them explains:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/19/us/hate-crime-or-terrorism-definition-trnd/index.html

Because I do not presume that every action or inaction by Trump is evil I don't begrudge him a few hours of time to get some facts in before making a statement. I believe Obama was also heavily criticized for delayed and vague responses in similar racially motivated crimes, but not by you guys, wanting to politicize this tragic violence even before the dust settles.

Before blaming Trump, look at when the rapid decline in race relations started

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/07/14/us/most-americans-hold-grim-view-of-race-relations-poll-finds.html?referer=https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/07/21/white-people-think-racism-is-getting-worse-against-white-people/?utm_term=.2fa31e318623

We should be trying to understand what is causing this, and it started long before Trump came on the scene. Race relations have been steadily declining since 2009. One indicator that we are in trouble is that more Americans today feel that racial issues are worse now than 60 years ago.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/07/21/white-people-think-racism-is-getting-worse-against-white-people/?utm_term=.ce177a4efbf0
Almost 50% of whites feel there is more discrimination now and not against blacks, but against whites. Statistics don't support that but people's emotions are not driven by statistics. So when Trump says we need to stop the violence on both sides he is trying to address everyone, not just throw blame on one side, and there was violence on both sides, watch the videos.

We need to acknowledge the concerns on all sides, not just one.
warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

In reply to this post by Harvey
Trump is complicit,  a very disturbed and dangerous person who is destroying this nation .and  unchecked will preside over its eventual decline . His rhetoric and behavior are the driving force for what we witnessed yesterday.

For one with Jewish grandchildren and SIL His softball response to ultra right wing domestic  terrorism and murder incited By Trump campaign rhetoric is strictly unconceivable, irrational and far short ofthe mark  .

Congress do your damn job !
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex was so quick to pounce on every little thing Hillary said, but will defend Trump to the death, even when Trump acts like the racist, authoritarian piece of shit he is.

It's amazing.

Much like Trump (who had harsh words for Rosie O'Donnell, Meghan Kelly, Comey, Judge Curiel, the Khan Family, etc.) never has anything bad to say about Putin or White Supremacists, PeeTex never seems to have anything bad to say about Trump.

Odd.
1 ... 22232425262728 ... 93