Trump 8... Ain't Life Great

216 messages Options
12345 ... 22
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Trump 7... Deadly Sins

warp daddy wrote
So after SEVEN EFFIN CHAPTERS of this shitstorm ..........what is the takeaway ?

1. BOTH major parties are rife with corruption
2. NEither party gives a rats ass about actually doing what is needed to govern from center left to  centerright
3. PACS Control the game
4. WE HAVE No One individual we can trust  who is able to unite the country ( unless a sentinel event occurs )
5 .None of this will likely change ( see #3 )
6. Democracy has peaked and America has slipped badly on the world stage
7. Government by factions is " full of sound and fury,BUT signifys Nothing "
8. The vast majority of Americans are anethesized to reality.
9. The situation will likely worsen until # 2 is solved
10 . Eff it im going skiing!!
Well done Warp --- I agree with everything here except I'll change #10 to Eff it im going hunting!!
Reply |

In reply to this post by witch hobble
witch hobble wrote
In NH (a state that matters 🤷🏼‍♂️)  
LARRY!!!
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

In reply to this post by warp daddy
Points are interesting, but...

warp daddy wrote
1. BOTH major parties are rife with corruption
Any organization with so many people is vulnerable to corruption, especially when those people have so much power.

2. NEither party gives a rats ass about actually doing what is needed to govern from center left to  centerright
I'd argue that the government is currently governed from center left to center right. Those people are pro-business, pro-military, pro-establishment, anti-worker and ambivalent about social & environmental issues.

3. PACS Control the game
This is an enormous problem. Money, especially dark money, is corrupting everything.

4. WE HAVE No One individual we can trust  who is able to unite the country ( unless a sentinel event occurs )
This has always been the case.  The only time the country is "United" is when we're fighting a common enemy or participating in the Olympics.

5 .None of this will likely change ( see #3 )
The superpac thing can if we vote in people that will reform elections.

6. Democracy has peaked and America has slipped badly on the world stage
What is your evidence that Democracy has peaked? Isn't the election of someone like Trump (who nobody in the establishment wanted) evidence that the people still have some say? (Even if it's people I disagree with)

7. Government by factions is " full of sound and fury,BUT signifys Nothing "
I don't think so. Obamacare helped millions of people. Medicare and Social Security also help millions & are vital parts of the country. Leaders have preserved them (so far)

8. The vast majority of Americans are anethesized to reality.
I think they just have their own "reality". This seems like human nature and seems difficult to change.

9. The situation will likely worsen until # 2 is solved
#2 is solved. The real problem is that the right edge shifted into racist fascism, so the center right and center left have shifted to accommodate.

10 . Eff it im going skiing!!
I wish.
Reply |

In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote

Every candidate takes shit. If the Dems started with Bernie, he would have been attacked relentlessly. "Bernie wants to raise your taxes by $8,000", "Bernie wants the government to come between you and your doctor", "Bernie has weird rape fantasies", "Bernie's wife is involved in shady real estate deals", "Bernie won't release his tax returns".

None of that happened because nobody had to attack him to win.

Valid point. As the election continued the waters around Bernie would have gotten muddy. However I see a couple differences. I'll guess that he  wouldn't have blatantly lied to us nor did he start off in a cesspool of shit like the other 2 candidates did. Everyone knew tRump and Hillary were scum right from the start and Bernie stood tall. I believe his honest talk and straight forward approach to how corrupt government worked scared too many people so they got rid of him. Bernie brings people together. I mean, both you and I would've voted for the guy and I'll guess a big % of everyone on here would have.
Maybe I'mm looking thru my rose colored glasses again but that's how I see it.
nepa nepa
Reply |

MC2 5678F589 wrote
Can you explain to me what you think the DNC did?
Sure thing.  To be honest, I thought I already explained it... The DNC chose the wrong candidate.  Even if Senator Sanders ceased to exist, this fact still remains.  You said it yourself... HRC was a horrible candidate (if I have to, I'm certain I can find the quote).  Effective analysis of this electorate would have yielded a more in-depth approach to candidate selection, as opposed to the "anointment of the next in line to the thrown."  I think there is evidence that the DNC "Group Think" started shortly after the O-man was elected.

MC2 5678F589 wrote
Every candidate takes shit. If the Dems started with Bernie, he would have been attacked relentlessly. "Bernie wants to raise your taxes by $8,000", "Bernie wants the government to come between you and your doctor", "Bernie has weird rape fantasies", "Bernie's wife is involved in shady real estate deals", "Bernie won't release his tax returns".

Also, I always wonder why, if Hillary was such a terrible candidate who lost to an orange buffoon, she was able to beat Bernie so handily. Even in very blue states like NY and CA. Like, some people must like her. She got more votes than anyone in the history of the country not named Obama.
This is one way of looking at it... vote quantity does not impress me considering the opposition. I'm not going to say your wrong because the fact is we'll never know what would have happened.  I do honestly believe that the outcome would have been different with a different Dem on the hook.

That said, you are obviously more comfortable with supporting a rigged system than I am.  IMO: Without "Sanders like" leadership in the near future, we are headed for a societal collapse... not tomorrow, not next year, but it's on the horizon.
nepa nepa
Reply |

In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
MC2 5678F589 wrote

Valid point. As the election continued the waters around Bernie would have gotten muddy. However I see a couple differences. I'll guess that he  wouldn't have blatantly lied to us nor did he start off in a cesspool of shit like the other 2 candidates did. Everyone knew tRump and Hillary were scum right from the start and Bernie stood tall. I believe his honest talk and straight forward approach to how corrupt government worked scared too many people so they got rid of him. Bernie brings people together. I mean, both you and I would've voted for the guy and I'll guess a big % of everyone on here would have.
Maybe I'mm looking thru my rose colored glasses again but that's how I see it.
I like your take on this Campy.  I think Sanders could have mounted a successful defense against Trump.  I believe he would have succeeded in bringing more people together... Sanders is a Uniter... HRC is a divider.
Reply |

In reply to this post by nepa
nepa wrote
MC2 5678F589 wrote
Can you explain to me what you think the DNC did?
Sure thing.  To be honest, I thought I already explained it... The DNC chose the wrong candidate.  Even if Senator Sanders ceased to exist, this fact still remains.  You said it yourself... HRC was a horrible candidate (if I have to, I'm certain I can find the quote).  Effective analysis of this electorate would have yielded a more in-depth approach to candidate selection, as opposed to the "anointment of the next in line to the thrown."  I think there is evidence that the DNC "Group Think" started shortly after the O-man was elected..
I agree she was a shitty candidate, but I'm trying to figure out what the DNC did to "choose" her.

She won the nomination by winning a bunch of State nominations. She won by millions of votes. Do you think that the delegates should have said, "screw that, we're voting for Bernie"?

The DNC should have probably had a better sense of the electorate, but it looks like it was hemorrhaging money for a few years, and I'm not sure what the solution to that problem would've been.
Reply |

I'm going to wait until Coach, johnnyonthespot, and JTG even come close to tolerating Bernie's ideas before I start singing Kumbaya.

A Democratic candidate has to be like Obama - able to unite the various factions of the Democratic party and palatable to the Republican Party.

A Republican President, apparently, can screw up intelligence leading to the worst terrorist attack in US history, then attack a foreign country that had nothing to do with it, killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people, then coast to reelection. A Republican candidate can brag about sexual assault, make fun of disabled people, completely embarrass himself in debates, and still win.
tjf1967 tjf1967
Reply |

I would not have voted for him.  
nepa nepa
Reply |

MC2 5678F589 wrote
I agree she was a shitty candidate, but I'm trying to figure out what the DNC did to "choose" her.
It's no secret that behind the scenes, the DNC apparatus (the executive leadership if you will) was throwing full support behind HRC.  For me, that is tantamount to making the choice.  

12345 ... 22