219 messages Options
123456 ... 22
Milo Maltbie Milo Maltbie
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Trump 7... Deadly Sins

nepa wrote
MC2 5678F589 wrote
I agree she was a shitty candidate, but I'm trying to figure out what the DNC did to "choose" her.
It's no secret that behind the scenes, the DNC apparatus (the executive leadership if you will) was throwing full support behind HRC.  For me, that is tantamount to making the choice.
I think the problem is that the primaries can be easily influenced.

What do you think would have happened if we had opposite primaries?  Instead of voting for the best one out of 3 or 4 or 13 candidates, you voted to decide who was the worst candidate?  Do you really think tRump would have survived that? or Hillary for that matter?

There's probably hundreds or thousands of Americans who would be respectable presidents, but no one could prevent an impossibly unfit candidate from winning.  It really is time to rethink the primary system.

mm
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

In reply to this post by nepa
nepa wrote
MC2 5678F589 wrote
I agree she was a shitty candidate, but I'm trying to figure out what the DNC did to "choose" her.
It's no secret that behind the scenes, the DNC apparatus (the executive leadership if you will) was throwing full support behind HRC.  For me, that is tantamount to making the choice.
What form did their "full support" take? What actions did this executive leadership take to put their thumb on the scale for Hillary? I keep looking for this information and not finding it.

As far as I can tell, she won the nomination, so she was nominated.

I'm sure that the DNC would have preferred her in 2008, too, but she got beat by Obama, so she didn't get the nomination.

Good candidates win regardless of the impediments in their way. That's why we're all comfortable saying Hillary blew it in the General Election. If Bernie wanted to make it to the general election, he should have won the primary.

campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote
I'm going to wait until Coach, johnnyonthespot, and JTG even come close to tolerating Bernie's ideas before I start singing Kumbaya.

This is where we differ. For me I wasn't going to vote for Bernie's ideas per say but more for the man himself. I have an appreciation for the truth and always felt Bernie spoke that way. And I don't care what party that individual is representing.
Reply |

In reply to this post by tjf1967
tjf1967 wrote
I would not have voted for him.
That's what makes the world go around, bro. Guess I like dirty VT hippies.
nepa nepa
Reply |

Re: Trump 8... Ain't Life Great

In reply to this post by Milo Maltbie
Milo Maltbie wrote
There's probably hundreds or thousands of Americans who would be respectable presidents, but no one could prevent an impossibly unfit candidate from winning.  It really is time to rethink the primary system.

mm
well said mm
Reply |

In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
. I have an appreciation for the truth and always felt Bernie spoke that way. And I don't care what party that individual is representing.
Yes, I remember another time when you praised someone for speaking the "truth":

campgottagopee wrote
ml242 wrote
When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.
Sometimes the truth hurts.
"Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it."

I'm not into saying that any politician owns the "truth", even ones I like (Bernie, Obama, etc.).
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

In reply to this post by nepa
I think we all knew this.  Still it sucks.

Hillary you are equally responsible for the mess we are in, you power hungry shit. You don't care about America or democracy any more than Trump.

I give America partial credit for recognizing the importance of Bernie, to the extent that we did.

I always thought Donna Brazile was part of the machine. I wonder why she stepped out.
"I'm all about Clouding Out. I'm a teleskier now!" —tBatt
Reply |

In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
Well, if you want to interpret me saying sometimes the truth hurts as praise, then how do you treat your dog?

Reply |

In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote

I give America partial credit for recognizing the importance of Bernie, to the extent that we did.

I your take there Harv.

Harvey wrote

I always thought Donna Brazile was part of the machine. I wonder why she stepped out.
Agree. Why now? Almost as if something is in it for her? Who knows. Most likely just noise.
Reply |

In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Well, if you want to interpret me saying sometimes the truth hurts as praise, then how do you treat your dog?
Not following you here, camp. What?
123456 ... 22