Trump 8... Ain't Life Great

216 messages Options
1234567 ... 22
Brownski Brownski
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Trump 8... Ain't Life Great

campgottagopee wrote
Agree. Why now? Almost as if something is in it for her?
I've heard that when you publish a book there is some payment involved
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

Brownski wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Agree. Why now? Almost as if something is in it for her?
I've heard that when you publish a book there is some payment involved
Lol.
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

I clicked on one of Camp's links, got the gist, no way am I buying a book.

Maybe some wonks will buy it, but is she really going to get rich with it?
"I'm all about Clouding Out. I'm a teleskier now!" —tBatt
Reply |

In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
I think we all knew this.  Still it sucks.
Harv, can you explain to me how the DNC "rigged" it for Clinton? I tried to get an explanation out of nepa, but didn't get one.
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

I don't remember using the word rigged, maybe I did. Whatever if Brazile is telling the truth I think it stinks.

It sounds like DWS ran the DNC into the ditch and it was several million in the red. Hillary was flush with cash and bailed them out, basically meeting their 3-4 million / month expenses. The Clinton campaign insisted on approving all DNC press releases and redirected contributions from local campaigns the national campaign. The person who pays you is basically your boss, right?

Let the voters decide who wins. Hillary funding the DNC makes me question their objectivity. Who knows how many little decisions were influenced.  Who knows if it matters.  But I don't like it.

To me it is similar to the Trump Russian thing, I don't know if it was enough to change the result. But I don't like it.  
x10003q x10003q
Reply |

In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
The idea that Bernie Sanders was electable is laughable.
1. Elections cost money and he did not raise a dime.
2. He never campaigned in the South - how was he expecting to win the Dem nomination? Magic?
3. He is less than honest as he calls himself an Indepent. If was  so Independent, why enter the Dem primaries?
4. He just turned 76, he is too old to handle the job.
5. There are vast swaths of the USA where people will never vote for a Jewish person for President.

Once the Republican/Russian bullshyt machine cranked up, the Fox viewers would have been convinced that Bernie was a Russian born Commie who was sent by the old USSR in the 1980s to take everybody's guns, money, and trucks. Kind of like what they did with Obama and Hilary, only more tuned to an old Jewish guy.
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Re: Trump 7... Deadly Sins

In reply to this post by Milo Maltbie
Milo Maltbie wrote
I think the problem is that the primaries can be easily influenced.
I say the first five primaries should be swing states. Chose the 5 states the had the closest election last time.

"Pander" to the middle not the extremes.
Reply |

Harvey wrote
Let the voters decide who wins. Hillary funding the DNC makes me question their objectivity..
Agree, and it seems like Hillary agreed, too:

The Democratic National Committee struck a deal with Hillary Clinton in 2015 that gave her campaign input on some party hiring and spending decisions, but required they be related only to preparations for the general election, according to a memo obtained by NBC News....

"Nothing in this agreement shall be construed to violate the DNC's obligation of impartiality and neutrality through the Nominating process. All activities performed under this agreement will be focused exclusively on preparations for the General Election and not the Democratic Primary," the memo states.

"Further we understand you may enter into similar agreements with other candidates," it continues."

The Sanders' campaign later signed its own joint fundraising agreement with the DNC, but did not utilize it.
Gotta watch out for these stories, especially when someone is trying to sell a book by being "explosive". Also, as with anything Clinton, if there's ever anything chance to frame her as "corrupt", the press (and President) will take it.

As Howard Dean says:

The Russians planted both Pro Trump stories and stories hitting Clinton from the left, trying to sow division among Democrats. Seems like some people want to pry those divisions further by trying to make a big deal out of old news.
Reply |

NH is a swing state & early. Trump dominated. He also won Florida, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Virginia.

Is he in the "middle"?

Harvey Harvey
Reply |

So it wouldn't matter if PA was first vs Iowa, SC and NH?
1234567 ... 22