Snowballs wrote
Obama did the same thing as Trump.
Absolutely not. This is a right wing talking point and you're getting played:

http://buff.ly/2kiXTcG

Reply |  

Re: Trump Is...

witch hobble
From totally fake news and untrustworthy Washingto Post article-

Update: Former Obama administration official Jon Finer denied that any ban in Iraqi refugee admissions was put in place under Obama. “While the flow of Iraqi refugees slowed significantly during the Obama administration’s review, refugees continued to be admitted to the United States during that time, and there was not a single month in which no Iraqis arrived here,” he wrote in Foreign Policy. “In other words, while there were delays in processing, there was no outright ban.”

Another former official, Eric P. Schwartz, the assistant secretary of state for population, refugees and migration at the time, also told The Fact Checker that Trump’s statement is false:

“President Obama never imposed a six-month ban on Iraqi processing. For several months in 2011, there was a lower level of Iraqi resettlement, as the government implemented certain security enhancements. Indeed, as we identified new and valuable opportunities to enhance screening, we did so. Nobody should object to a continual effort to identify legitimate enhancements, but it is disreputable to use that as a pretext to effectively shut down a program that is overwhelmingly safe and has enabled the United States to exercise world leadership. In any event, there was never a point during that period in which Iraqi resettlement was stopped, or banned.”

Reply |  

witch hobble
Holy shit we rolled over the odometer again!

Reply |  

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
Shit, we need a new thread. Harv?

Reply |  

Snowballs
Banned
Look at the Libs shitting themselves ! ^^^^  Obama having done the same thing as Trump  has that effect on them. LMAO.

mattchuck2 wrote
Snowballs wrote

Don't care about your buff stuff link Matt. I saw it on ABC news, buried sure, but they did report it.

Reply |  

PeeTex
Snowballs wrote
Fwiw, Abc news just said Obama severely limited Iraq immigration to the US in 2011 for 6 months after the FBI found some Al Qaeda operatives had slipped in with Iraqi immigrates.

So, FWIW , there it is. Obama did the same thing as Trump.
Yes, I was going to post that as well. The media is so pissed at Trump for going around them and making them irrelevant that they will inflate every negative angle to get the public to believe hanious acts are being committed. Where were they when Obama did the same thing

Reply |  

PeeTex
In reply to this post by Snowballs
Snowballs wrote
Look at the Libs shitting themselves ! ^^^^  Obama having done the same thing as Trump has that effect on them.

mattchuck2 wrote
Snowballs wrote

Don't care about your buff stuff link Matt. I saw it on ABC news, buried sure, but they did report it.
Matt is grasping at straws, trying to post that unsubstantiated conclusions drawn by a reporter is fact and then pulling up Buff stuff to try to refute what is in the public record. An NPR article stated that less than 200 people were detained at airports. Seems like the general public is played like fools by the media. This will just lower their credibility even further.

Reply |  

warp daddy
In reply to this post by PeeTex
Trump and his smiling liars are loosing it Bigly.  It took EXACTLY 8days for his popularity to sink lower than any first.term president in our lifetime  

Reply |  

Harvey
Admin
mattchuck2 wrote
Shit, we need a new thread. Harv?
OK number 4 ready to roll...

If it happens again (it will) PM me. The sooner I catch it (fewer posts) the easier it is.  Cray at work today.

"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Reply |  

Harvey
Admin
I sense a disturbance in the force. Anyone else feeling it?

"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
1234 ... 100