Trump Is... (Part 4)

classic Classic
1000 messages Options
12345 ... 100
Reply |  

Re: Trump Is...

Johnnyonthespot
In reply to this post by Harvey
People have been detained at JFK every day for years now. Same questions asked, etc. My close friend works for DHS and my brother in law is a Palestinian born in Jordan. Ask me how I know. We have the best discussions at family functions. Is Wilmington trail open yet?

Reply |  

PeeTex
In reply to this post by warp daddy
warp daddy wrote
Trump and his smiling liars are loosing it Bigly.  It took EXACTLY 8days for his popularity to sink lower than any first.term president in our lifetime  
Poor Warp Dummy. You better look more deeply into this before you count him out

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/20/upshot/is-trump-stronger-than-he-seems.amp.html

Take the most recent Quinnipiac poll. At first glance, it’s bleak for Mr. Trump. Just 37 percent of registered voters — a narrower group than the adult population — view him favorably or approve of his performance. But just about every other question is better for Mr. Trump: 45 percent think he’ll take the nation in the right direction, and 52 percent of registered voters are optimistic about the next four years with Mr. Trump as president.

Just about every new poll tells a similar story. The most recent CNN poll says that just 40 percent of adults approve of his performance, but 48 percent say they think he’ll do a “very good” or “fairly good” job as president. And 48 percent say his policies will move the country in the right direction. An even larger 61 percent say that he’ll bring back well-paying jobs to economically depressed areas.
Are you idiots prepared to be wrong yet again?

Reply |  

MC2 5678F589
Not sure when we were wrong the first time. We thought Hillary would win, she won the popular vote (but lost by less than 70,000 votes in select states).

And you have to actually respond to the points in the piece I posted. You can't just scream "discredited" constantly. These are the differences between the Obama order and the Trump calamity:

1. Much narrower focus: The Obama administration conducted a review in 2011 of the vetting procedures applied to citizens of a single country (Iraq) and then only to refugees and applicants for Special Immigrant Visas (SIVs), created by Congress to help Iraqis (and later Afghans) who supported the United States in those conflicts. The Trump executive order, on the other hand, applies to seven countries with total population more than 130 million, and to virtually every category of immigrant other than diplomats, including tourists and business travelers.
2. Not a ban: Contrary to Trump’s Sunday statement and the repeated claims of his defenders, the Obama administration did not “ban visas for refugees from Iraq for six months.” For one thing, refugees don’t travel on visas. More importantly, while the flow of Iraqi refugees slowed significantly during the Obama administration’s review, refugees continued to be admitted to the United States during that time, and there was not a single month in which no Iraqis arrived here. In other words, while there were delays in processing, there was no outright ban.
3. Grounded in specific threat: The Obama administration’s 2011 review came in response to specific threat information, including the arrest in Kentucky of two Iraqi refugees, still the only terrorism-related arrests out of about 130,000 Iraqi refugees and SIV holders admitted to the United States.
4. Orderly, organized process: The Obama administration’s review was conducted over roughly a dozen deputies and principals committee meetings, involving Cabinet and deputy Cabinet-level officials from all of the relevant departments and agencies — including the State, Homeland Security and Justice Departments — and the intelligence community. The Trump executive order was reportedly drafted by White House political officials and then presented to the implementing agencies a fait accompli. This is not just bad policymaking practice, it led directly to the confusion, bordering on chaos, that has attended implementation of the order by agencies that could only start asking questions (such as: “does this apply to green card holders?”) once the train had left the station.
5. Far stronger vetting today:Much has been made of Trump’s call for “extreme vetting” for citizens of certain countries. The entire purpose of the Obama administration’s 2011 review was to enhance the already stringent vetting to which refugees and SIV applicants were subjected. While many of the details are classified, those rigorous procedures, which lead to waiting times of 18-24 months for many Iraqi and Syrian refugees, remain in place today and are continually reviewed by interagency officials

Reply |  

Re: Trump Is... (Part 4)

Snowballs
Banned
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
Snowballs wrote
Obama did the same thing as Trump.
Absolutely not. This is a right wing talking point and you're getting played:

http://buff.ly/2kiXTcG
HEY MATT !!!  LOOK IT !!!    WITCH !!!  LOOK IT !!!    WARP !!! lOOK IT !!!  

Better grab the Charmin Matt, you've been played.   LMAO.

" As a result of the Kentucky case, the State Department stopped processing Iraq refugees for six months in 2011, federal officials told ABC News – even for many who had heroically helped U.S. forces as interpreters and intelligence assets. "

Wholly crap Witch !!! Unlike you, I wasn't lame at all !!!  

" Hedetniemi said in an interview in the Guard's armory near Philadelphia. "I think that these two individuals are innately evil to be able to act as a terrorist and attack and kill American soldiers, then have the balls to come over to the United States and try to do the same exact thing here in our homeland."

Oh yea, the media is unbiased and balanced. Yup.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/al-qaeda-kentucky-us-dozens-terrorists-country-refugees/story?id=20931131

Reply |  

witch hobble
Snowballs, the quote from the WaPo article I posted last page directly deals with that abc article and it's incorrect info. Try a little harder why dontcha?

Reply |  

Johnnyonthespot
Funny, when our president didn't listen to intelligence briefings, the left bashed him. Now that he does listen to intelligence briefings, the left bashes him.

Reply |  

raisingarizona
And this is why the left and the right (at least according to their representative media sources) are equally retarded imo.

There is no middle ground with these extremists.

Everything is shock and awe these days, that shit sells to the reality television audience.

Reply |  

Johnnyonthespot
In reply to this post by Johnnyonthespot
Statement Regarding Recent Executive Order Concerning Extreme Vetting

“America is a proud nation of immigrants and we will continue to show compassion to those fleeing oppression, but we will do so while protecting our own citizens and border. America has always been the land of the free and home of the brave.

We will keep it free and keep it safe, as the media knows, but refuses to say. My policy is similar to what President Obama did in 2011 when he banned visas for refugees from Iraq for six months. The seven countries named in the Executive Order are the same countries previously identified by the Obama administration as sources of terror. To be clear, this is not a Muslim ban, as the media is falsely reporting.

This is not about religion - this is about terror and keeping our country safe. There are over 40 different countries worldwide that are majority Muslim that are not affected by this order. We will again be issuing visas to all countries once we are sure we have reviewed and implemented the most secure policies over the next 90 days.

I have tremendous feeling for the people involved in this horrific humanitarian crisis in Syria. My first priority will always be to protect and serve our country, but as President I will find ways to help all those who are suffering.”
- DJT

Reply |  

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Johnnyonthespot
Does he listen to intelligence briefings? I thought he was farming that out to Pence and Bannon.

Reply |  

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
raisingarizona wrote
And this is why the left and the right (at least according to their representative media sources) are equally retarded imo.

There is no middle ground with these extremists.
Dude, we know your schtick by now. It's getting old. Until you're ready to come in for an idea strongly, you can might as well just  stay on the sidelines. You're not adding anything by just periodically yelling "both sides!"

12345 ... 100